UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Collie 'stare'

Lydford

Hi,

I am fostering a 10 yr old male Staffy cross at the moment who is as good as gold...the problem is my dog :wacko:

He is a 13yr old border collie x greyhound. He has always been a bit wary around other dogs and has never had to share the house before so in some ways is doing really well, however....

He will walk along quite happily with my foster dog and they will walk up to each other, sniff noses and wag tails, sit next to each other having treats...but once in the house Spike (my dog) adopts the 'Collie Stare' and sits staring at Max (foster dog) for hours and nothing...believe me I have tried everything ..will stop him.

My foster dog Max has been with us 12 days so I know it is early days but what I would like to know is should I let Spike keep staring in the hope he will just get fed up (his body language is getting slightly better) or do I keep trying to stop him doing it. I dont want to have to shout or drag him away which would build tension.

There is a door gate between them at the moment and Max just ignores him completely and goes to sleep, but Spike keeps on staring :bigeyed: .

Any advice please? :liebe94:

• 4 months later...