UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Orijen

Spins4me

Terri, I have been looking on the zoo plus website in France and yes, they do deliver but it is even more expensive than in England 61.99 euros which is just over £57 at the current exchange rate. Still it does look very good food so I think I will order a small trial bag and see if they like it. :rolleyes:

Bloody hell that's a lot.

Hiya :)

I've been feeding all my 3 Orijen for nearly a year now and have no complaints. You do have to feed less though or else they can tend to get to be 'lardy-bots'!!! :laugh: A 13.5 kg bag lasts me just over 3 weeks and feeds a border collie, rough collie and whippet/collie x - same as a 15 kg bag of Burns ........

Sandi

I've been feeding all my 3 Orijen for nearly a year now and have no complaints. You do have to feed less though or else they can tend to get to be 'lardy-bots'!!! :laugh: A 13.5 kg bag lasts me just over 3 weeks and feeds a border collie, rough collie and whippet/collie x - same as a 15 kg bag of Burns ........

Sandi

Thanks for the info.

I've bought a couple of trial size bags and will try them on it this week. They've never had dried food before so I'm expecting some strange looks from them when I feed the Orijen....will they do a "What the....is this???" or just hoover it up?

Watch this space!

• 4 months later...

Thought I'd bump up this thread rather than starting a new one. Have been interested in giving Orijen for my dogs for a while - in addition to their Naturediet and instead of the Arden Grange dry food they have currently. Nothing wrong with the AG, I'm very pleased with it as dry foods go, but the Orijen sounds good too and reading that it might not work out more expensive than other "kibble" as you feed less, sounds good right now.

I wondered though, what does the Orijen look like? I like the AG salmon as the kibble is a bit bigger than others so Mins at least crunches some of it rather than swallowing it whole :rolleyes: Does the Orijen look like normal kibble?

I was looking at buying it from Berriewood as Vet UK don't stock it unfortunately and my last order from Zooplus went pearshaped.

The kibble is quite small, I've just measured a bit and it's 1/2 in and a bit flat, which I think is a bit smaller than AG :unsure:

I can't recommend it enough, I noticed that a few other main stream manufacturers are doing their own research into protein levels and are saying high protein is beneficial, particularly for older pets.

If you order from here Orijen you get free delivery on a big bag, and it arrives very quickly, I got fed up with Zooplus too, it was taking a week to get here.

I've tried it with my two and they hoovered it up in about half a minute. They can take up to 45 minutes to eat their raw food depending on what they're having. The "end results" were horrible - really stinky, masses of it too. So I've decided not to feed it instead of raw. I'll use it when I can't use raw for some reason such as if we're visiting people who don't want raw meat around. I have found it good for training treats, especially the fishy one, which they like a lot.

I'm another one that's piddled of with zooplus, the last order I got was cat food and not the dog food I ordered :mad: . I'm thinking of ordering it from the U.K. site, a guy in the park gets it from them and he gets in 24 hours.

Terri

Did you get a refund on that ?

If you didn't you could flog it to Dad :wink:

Sandi

When I used Orijen some time ago for our two older dogs, I did like it (and so did they... :laugh: ), however, one of the reasons why I changed away from it again to CSJ was that I ended up feeding such small amounts to Dylan, that it was hardly worth the trouble... and left Dylan very hungry! He only gets small amounts of most foods as he puts on weight easily, but Orijen was a bit extreme and I felt sorry for him.

Vera

Oh dear Dylan, he's such a dear boy :wub: Yeah, I know what you mean Vera I do have to be very strict with myself re portion size! My lot were on Burns before - I always soaked it and it just looked like they were eating sponge balls! (Or Maltesers! :laugh: ) Whereas the Orijen, because it is a far denser food due to the high meat content, it doesn't expand like the Burns. My lot are always hungry, as as you know, huhummm probably err on the 'porky' side. That's also because they do the pre-wash with our washing up and OH has trained Lulu to take bits of food out of his mouth!!!! :wacko: But I wont go into that! :laugh: apart from to say he thinks that's a very clever trick and is very proud of their trick!

Sandi :flowers: