UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Urgent! Dylan Desperatley Needs Help

URGENT

Dylan was rehomed via a rescue a few months ago after many months in foster care to an elderly gentleman. Unfortunatley his new owner has been rushed into hospital and Dylan has been left home alone with only the owners brother popping in to feed him and let him out. Dylan will be taken to the pound tomorrow as his owners brother cannot cope :( As he is not a stray there is a possibility that either they won't take him or he will be pts right away.

Dylan suffers from seperation anxiety but is ok to be left for short spells, he is also very vocal so needs a patient person who can train him and correct his behaviour. Dylan also dislikes cats and would be better in a home with children over the age of 13 but could live with another dog. Dylan, apart from his barking, is well behaved, sits, offers paw, lies down on command is a good house dog, clean and not destructive and is neutered and microchipped.

100_0188.jpg

Its a very small independant rescue and they are full to busting with no funds :(

I'm sorry, but that isn't the point and excuses like that make me REALLY angry. If people are rescuing dogs and rehoming them, then they need to be there for the lifetime of the dog. Not let one of their dogs end up in a pound. That isn't rescue.

We are a small independantly run rescue and there is NO WAY on hell I would let that happen to one of our dogs.

If he hasn't been sorted, please pass on our telephone number to the brother and we will take Dylan here, however as he is another rescues dog, I will want it in writing from that rescue that they are relinquishing responsiblity/ownership or whatever their paperwork states and signing him over to Wiccaweys.

I'm sorry, but that isn't the point and excuses like that make me REALLY angry. If people are rescuing dogs and rehoming them, then they need to be there for the lifetime of the dog. Not let one of their dogs end up in a pound. That isn't rescue.

That is what I thought, but not being actively involved in rescue myself I didn't like to comment.

Surely, that is no better than the breeder who won't take a dog back.

I 'm glad you are prepared to give this dog the support he needs.

Thank you Sarah for offering a rescue space to Dylan :liebe94: you're a star.

I can understand everyone being angry, a rescue not taking a dog back really isn't on. At the moment though I'm trying to stay neutral and get Dylan out of danger :)

I'm going to start a new thread to try and set up a transpport run for early next week.

• 3 months later...

We are a small independantly run rescue and there is NO WAY on hell I would let that happen to one of our dogs.

If he hasn't been sorted, please pass on our telephone number to the brother and we will take Dylan here, however as he is another rescues dog, I will want it in writing from that rescue that they are relinquishing responsiblity/ownership or whatever their paperwork states and signing him over to Wiccaweys.

Is Dylan sorted now??

Kazz x