UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Is There A Cream For Dog's Scars?

suzeanna

Slightly odd question maybe :rolleyes: but is there something for dogs that is similar to Bio Oil or calendula etc that you can put on a new scar to make it more supple? Having had umpteen stitches in a knee op years ago, I know how tight and irritated the skin feels at first, and as Rosie's stitches are coming out from her spay this Saturday I wondered if there was anything I could put on her tummy to make it more comfortable for her...or should it not be an issue for her? I think they are pulling at the moment as she keeps lifting one hind leg as if she wants to scratch, but doesn't.

Well now from the depths of my memory I think this is Vitamin E. Just get capsules from wherever and pierce them and then spread over the scar but I am not 100% sure. I remember reading it somewhere and thinking I will remember that for the next time Barty gets injured and needs stitching up and of course, now I can't.

I will check with a couple of my knowledgeable canine lists and see if anyone else can remember and get back to you.

I rubbed arnica onto Lucy's tum for a week before the spey, and gave her arnica tabs.... know it is too late for you but might help others as she healed really quickly. Her stitches did seem a bit tight so she had them taken out a couple of days earlier than expected as she had healed really well (and she was a drama queen greyhound!!!)