UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Intelligent Questions To Ask

BillyMalc

I've checked with www.comparethemarket.com - gives you quotes from 20-odd insurers :) I was well surprised that it wasn't hugely more expensive. I'd checked with Tesco and another insurer, as that is who 2 otehr Fugees (don't remember who!) are with, but Tesco gave me a risiculously high quote! :ohmy:

I think it's best to shop around.

Good luck with your van on Monday! :flowers:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope it goes well tomorrow. :woof:

We are going to see a van on Monday, a Vito Dualiner. I hope it is a good one :)

Does anyone know of any good insurance companies to go to for quotes for a van? We have not had one before.

Cooperative Insurance( CIS Insurance) is well recommended for vans on the obedience list.

Are you aware of the different speed limits for vans?

http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/roadsafety/speed.../vanspeedlimits

I'VE BOUGHT A VAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=200308443439

It will need a bit of work, but nothing major - cleaning being the biggest thing. Don't ask, I saw the van, met the guy, we drove round and talked shop, I liked what I heard and I saw - plus the guy having 2 staffs and very probably will now get his boy 'done' :wink: so I put a deposit down! The guy will tax it, I'll get the insurance sorted and take my old car to the scrappy and this time next week I'll be a white van woman!!!!! :ohmy: :partytime: :ohmy: Still not driven the thing, mind :rolleyes:

Wow, how exciting.

:partytime:

It looks good.Congratulations.

(It looks big enough to get a sofa in the back, for Malcolm).

I have thought of that, but he'll fall off when I go round a corner :wacko: :rolleyes:

Blimey it's huge! Congratulations :biggrin:

Please don't say it's huge! I'll never dare driving it! :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

It's only a short wheel base!

I'm SOOOOOOOO excited now, can't wait to get her home!!! :partytime:

She's still at the seller's, as she's not taxed and insured yet, will sort that this week. She's then gonna get a good clean, and finally get proper insulated and plylined, and we'll have rubber matting on the floor, for easy cleaning and to stop the guys from sliding all over the place - the skanky double duvet will still feature in the back tho :sick01: Oh, and I also want doggie paw prints all over, does anyone know if those decals that you can get on ebay would be okay, or are they only to stick on the inside of windows? :unsure: Told ya I'm not very clued up! :blush:

I'm SOOOOOOOO excited now, can't wait to get her home!!! :partytime:

She's still at the seller's, as she's not taxed and insured yet, will sort that this week. She's then gonna get a good clean, and finally get proper insulated and plylined, and we'll have rubber matting on the floor, for easy cleaning and to stop the guys from sliding all over the place - the skanky double duvet will still feature in the back tho :sick01: Oh, and I also want doggie paw prints all over, does anyone know if those decals that you can get on ebay would be okay, or are they only to stick on the inside of windows? :unsure: Told ya I'm not very clued up! :blush:

I have the e-bay paw prints and they go on the outside, really easily, and come off when it is needed too. I'll see if I can find the seller I got mine from :)