UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Nice Work Mr & Mrs Police Officer

chuckey-lee

I was about to start of by saying ' if you can't even trust the police...' but I sooo hope they are not your average coppa :mecry:

BE WARNED!!! DISTRESSING VIDEO!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/7869309.stm

Two North Wales Police officers who were filmed kicking and throwing their pet dogs around have lost pay, but been allowed to keep their jobs.

Pcs Anja Mason, 29, and Craig Macleod, 34, have both been docked 10 days' pay, the force has confirmed.

They admitted causing suffering to the two dogs after a neighbour filmed the abuse at a house in Prestatyn.

They were also given community sentences and were banned from keeping animals for five years.

A hearing at Denbigh magistrates' court was told that RSPCA officers had been called to the home the pair shared on a number of occasions in spring 2008 by a concerned neighbour.

However, on each visit, inspectors were unable to obtain evidence that the couple's rottweiler dog called Snoopy or a border collie puppy called Tess had been mistreated.

Evidence

The neighbour then set up a video camera to film the officers' back yard, capturing the evidence needed to bring the prosecution.

A DVD showing 13 clips of ill treatment was shown to the court.

In one scene Mason was filmed hitting the pup's head and kicking her.

Later the dog was seen pulling washing from a line before Macleod emerged from the house and chased it to a corner of the yard. Out of shot of the camera the dog could then be heard yelping.

In other scenes, Macleod sprayed the dogs with water and Mason was seen chasing the puppy with what appeared to be a stick.

Mason received a sentence of 120 hours and Macleod received 180 hours. Both were ordered to pay £1,267.10 in costs.

Both officers were removed from frontline duties by North Wales Police pending the outcome of the case against them, and the court had heard they faced losing their jobs.

However, a North Wales Police spokeswoman confirmed on Wednesday that a disciplinary hearing ruled the officers should "forfeit" 10 days' pay.

I don't think I have to tell anybody on here how I feel about these thugs... :grrr:

Another case where the police doesn't really help themselves by gaining the public's trust that they do have indeed people of good character working for them. :mad: :mad:

And before anyone jumps at my throat: I know that there are "good cops" as well - I might even have met a few. Thing is, people with this sort of convictions - which have been provd beyond the shadow of a doubt - should be deemed unfit to be a police officer, as obviously they are unable to set a good example for every one else, and/or show that they have respect for the laws that they should be there to protect.