UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Harness Recommendations Please

merledogs

Taffy needs a new harness. He currently has a fleece lined one, but the ring on the back which the lead clips to has nearly worn away the webbing holding it in place and it's not going to last much longer.

I don't particularly want to get another one of the fleece ones but I do want one in that sort of shape.

I don't like harnesses which have a piece running down the back (like the pic below).

pPETS-3763129t400.jpg

Does anyone have a Company of Animals Non Pull Harness (pic below)?

non-pull_harness_med.jpg

I am thinking of getting one of those but I want to see the back bit where the lead clips on to ensure it's the right shape and would also be interested in hearing whether it's any good or not.

Does anyone else have any other recommendations for a suitable harness in that sort of shape?

Edited by merledogs

I use a use wakezee harness on Bertie you can either hook the lead on either side of the harness or on top with a double ended extension type thing. The only thing I'm not keen on is that the plastic clip to keep the harness on is right over the spine so I've turned Bertie's around so it clips underneath and it hasn't seemed to cause a problem

http://dogtrainingharnesses.co.uk/departme...e_the_walkezee/

I have used one of those harnesses with the string under the legs (still have it somewhere) and found it rubbed my dogs under arms quite badly even with the cover on to prevent it doing so.

I had the same problem. Didn't take long (minutes) for Blue to get very sore and that was with the covers on.

Edited by greys mum

I use a use wakezee harness on Bertie you can either hook the lead on either side of the harness or on top with a double ended extension type thing. The only thing I'm not keen on is that the plastic clip to keep the harness on is right over the spine so I've turned Bertie's around so it clips underneath and it hasn't seemed to cause a problem

Thanks Nettie :flowers: I've used a Walkeezee on another dog and unfortunately I didn't get on with it at all.

I have tried a zillion different harnesses over the years and the one he has now has the perfect shape, but it just hasn't lasted very well, so I really want one with a similar shape but sturdier if possible. If not then I will just get the same one again.

I have used one of those harnesses with the string under the legs (still have it somewhere) and found it rubbed my dogs under arms quite badly even with the cover on to prevent it doing so.
I had the same problem. Didn't take long (minutes) for Blue to get very sore and that was with the covers on.

Was that the non pull harness I've mentioned above? :unsure: Didn't realise it had string bits cos there's no way I would use it if it has.

I have one of these for Neo but his doesnt have the fleece. It has tubular padded fabric instead. :wacko:

I found this better as you can get the bit to make a harness that fits perfectly. We also had a problem with the one you have being too big around his chest area. I got mine from Lukaandbeama on behalf lurcherlink, but these are availale on Dog Games. :flowers:

Edited to add link! :rolleyes: Perfect Fit Harness

Edited by safneo

If I can see your original harness, I can probably make what you require by copying it. :)

However, I am having problems receiving email at present, so the best way to get in touch with me is via a PM on the following forum... TRPD Pet Craft Project Forum

There are also some padded chest harnesses available on that forum and in the Auction Club's current Rolling Flash & Grab sale. Photos of those can be seen in the gallery there, too.

I use the non pull on 2 dogs i walk and i think its great, one is a staffie and the other is a springer (who is clipped off) hasn't rubbed either of them as the padding protects the armpits.

Have you tried the sort that they step into that fasten on the tip of the back?

Jessy

Thanks for all your suggestions, I will have a look at them all later :flowers: I have a feeling I'll end up getting the same one again but just sewing the D ring on more securely so it doesn't move about :rolleyes:

Jessy - I have tried one of those they step into, but prefer the shape of the fleece one.

Hi

Is the fleece one the same design as this - if the picture shows it well enough. paddedharness-1.jpg This one is made by Trixie, don't know if the loop is more secure on these. They come in a range of webbing colours but the fleece is always black. I know they sell well on my ebay shop!

Harnesses i think are quite a personal thing, some designs don't suit some dogs and also putting on etc!

(sorry its early i'm not explaining too well!)

J

Billy has perfect fit harnesses - his old one had padding which wasn't fleece and dries really quickly. The new one is fleece lined so not as quick drying but it is nice! I find they fit better than the other fleece harnesses from the same company (for billy anyway!!). I found that the trixie harness didn't fit as well - the girth seems quite a long way back. I've not had problems with the D ring so maybe you were unlucky - or I have been lucky!!