UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Where To Holiday With The Pooch ?

mmp

I am looking to pick your brains ...... I am planning on going away for a week at the end of 2009 to Exmoor (I do love exmoor) but I was wanting to get away with the dog (Midge the old boy will be staying at home with his granny so it will just be me and Poppy) for a long weekend earlier in the year but I was wandering if anyone has anywhere that they would reccomend to go ?? I would be looking for a cheap B&B (I have a tent but I am a bit of a fair weather camper :-) ) and somewhere gorgeous to walk that I can't get lost too easily :-) Any ideas ??

Edited by mmp

Was just about to suggest the same sites, however we eventually gave in and bought a caravan, best thing we ever did, very few sites aren't dog friendly!

we did exactly the same thing and its amazing how many great sites welcome dogs. Our dogs get really excited when they see us load the caravan up and really enjoy their holidays. Best thing we ever did too.x

we did exactly the same thing and its amazing how many great sites welcome dogs. Our dogs get really excited when they see us load the caravan up and really enjoy their holidays. Best thing we ever did too.x

:laugh: Ours did the same, sadly we lost one of ours before Xmas but they both used to go crackers as soon as they seen the caravan or us packing the cases, they just knew. My dog I still have couldn't cope in kennels well so we'd basically stopped going on holiday because we'd come back to a very upset dog who had not eaten all week :( Some sites cost us less than we paid in just kennel fees per night for all of the family + the dogs! Can't imagine holidays without dogs now, we were away all summer with them last year.

Edited by lil_me

We had a lovely weekend in the Lake District at the end of November (few pics here ) and it was just me and my boys. We found everywhere to be very dog friendly and had some lovely walks along the lake sides. Although we stayed in a cottage, if you Google "dog friendly B&B" in and around the Lakes it brings up lots of places :flowers: