UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Positive Thoughts Please For Tammy

Katiebob

Tammy has a temporary reprieve because the projectile vomiting has stopped and the vet I want to see isn't working until tomorrow.

I have an appointment for both Tammy (who looks a bit uncomfortable so I'll get her checked out) and Gemma who has been in season now (still bleeding!) for the past month so something wrong there. I'm planning to get Gemma spayed later this month anyway but need to get this season over or something done to sort it out - poor girl :rolleyes:

I'll update this thread as soon as I've got any news - thank you everyone for your good wishes for Tammy.. She is beautiful, just a little elderly now :wub:

As promised, an update on Tammy :)

She still has really bad diarrhoea but the vomiting seems to have stopped, thank goodness. She saw the vet today finally (he was off with the vomiting bug yesterday :laugh: :rolleyes: ) but it's tentative good news, I think. He agreed with me that she's far too lively just to pts without further investigation although she is worrying us because she weighs just 2.4 kg :unsure:

Anyway he took bloods - and they have shown that she has no major organ failure. He's sending off a sample of blood to double check about thyroid but he suspects it's a chronic bowel irritation disorder which (without any major surgery for a cat of her age) there are a number of treatments, including, as a last resort Presidnole. So, hopefully, we can keep Tammy happy and comfortable for a little while yet. She's also on a diet of turkey (or chicken when I run out of turkey) so she's pretty contented!!

On the Gemma front, I really should post in the dog section but a quick resume would be that they can't stop her season but if it doesn't stop naturally, we will go ahead with the spay anyway, even though it's not ideal and the vet will do the kidney biopsy at the same time. At least they'll know what they're dealing with i.e. excess bleeding etc. Not an ideal situation but better than it could be.

Thank you everyone for your good wishes for both my lovely pets :wub: