UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Lost Labrador

eilrex

While I was at the vets with my dog this morning they received a phone call from a distraught owner who had lost their labrador.

The dog is a black neutered male labrador called Sky. He went missing in the Osbaston, Warks, area on Monday. Sky has a scar on his back.

If anyone has any information would they please contact Ambion Vets on 01455 292928.

Many thanks

Eileen

any news on this lab yet?

I won't know until I phone the vets tomorrow as I asked for any information to be passed directly to them. I'll update when I've spoken to them.

Eileen

Crossposted to K9-999 yahoogroups, which means it will be seen by the Petsearch co-ordinators.

Many thanks.

Eileen

Any news yet? I'm sincerely hoping that no news is good news :worried_anim:

No, sorry nothing further. I spoke to his owner yesterday and got a bit more information. Sky is 4 years old and is a slim dog with pointy features. The scar on his back is very distinctive. He is microchipped and was wearing a collar and tag when he went missing.

She was going to recheck rescues yesterday.

Sorry for not posting earlier but when I tried yesterday I kept getting an error message saying I was not authorised to reply to this thread!!

Eileen

• 1 month later...

This boy is still missing. Believed to be still in the area as there have been a number of sightings. I was thinking of contacting the owners & trying to get a search party together, but we have freezing fog this morning. A black lab isn't that easily visible at the best of times, but in freezing fog, it would be well nigh impossible.

• 2 months later...

Just to update on this, Sky is still missing but there are still regular sightings of him. I went out yesterday morning with a search party, organised by Tim & Ffion, his owners. Some pawprints were found in a copse and they are going to set up a CCTV to find out what is making the pawprints. A Muntjac Deer was seen, and 2 foxes, and there was a possible sighting of Sky (details in the blog) after I had left .

I suggested that another search is organised involving a lot more volunteers (there were only around 15 of us this time, including 3 Dog Wardens). So if anyone is interested in joining the next search, please either send a message to Sky's owners via the blog, or PM me and I will pass your details on to Tim & Ffion. The blog is updated regularly http://skyisstillmissing.blogspot.com/ and you can add a comment/offer help at the end of the blog.

• 11 months later...

I had en email from this morning from Sky's owner to say hes still missing and they are trying to extend the search for him. With his scar from an incident with a barbed wire fence hes more recognisable than your average Lab. Owners still not giving up hope on finding their boy.

Have been emailed a leaflet if anyone wants a copy.