UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Job Problems!

Lizzie

For the last 4 years I have worked for quite a well known charity, I don't always see eye to eye with my manager on several issues, but I have always done my job to the best of my ability.

She now wants me to train a volunteer worker to do my admin job and a couple of other "little jobs" in our office.

I am honestly feeling this is the thin end of the wedge, as our little part of the charity is running at a loss. :(

Anyone know how I would stand if I was to be made redundant? Or pushed to the point of resignation?

I hate working in such strained atmosphere, knowing that this manager has pushed us into debt with some quite appalling expenditure.

Doesn't sound good :unsure: When you say your admin job, is this all or part of your job? If your manager is asking you to train a volunteer to replace you, this is hardly acceptable. Especially if her own excessive expenditure is a cause of the financial problem! Is there any way you could discuss it with someone further up the charity? If you are made redundant after 4 years the charity will have to give you redundancy pay.