UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Ball Bouncing Bailey News

selina

I had an email this morning from Martin, Bailey's owner, here it is

Just a quick one to let you know that Bailey has got a lot worse on his legs the last week or so. He's now very reluctant to come downstairs - him putting his weight on his front legs must be really painful. He's been to the vet and they have put him on some super-strong painkiller liquid that he has to have with his food every evening. It's that strong that he can't even have his daily Pedigree Jointcare with it.

The vet says that the worsening of his condition is down to his bones getting thicker, so I suppose that won't ever get any better. He's on a rice and chicken diet to get him slimmer - I have to report that he's 3lb heavier now than when we had him from you..... well, he deserves spoiling :)

The vet is hoping to take him off the painkillers in three weeks; he has another appointment on the 8th December.

We always promised ourselves that the main thing would be his quality of life - there's no way we're going to let him live in too much pain and in a way that wouldn't allow him to express himself freely. This isn't anywhere near the end or anything like that, and we still hope and expect to take him on holiday to the beach this summer, but I just wanted to keep you up to date on how the little mite is doing.

In himself, he is now officially a grumpy old man and a cheeky scamp. If his toys are not returned to him, or his food is not prepared as quickly as he'd like, or he isn't getting a ball throw when he thinks he deserves one then he'll let us know by shouting at us. He's learned to like the sound of his own voice :)

He's still the best and most loved-up little Springer in England.

Ta ta for now,

Martin

I'm keeping fingers firmly crossed that Bailey will soon be back to his usual self with his new painkiller and sending him lots of positive thoughts.

Also I'm thinking about sending Martin some ear plugs, if Baileys demands are anything like Ollie's they will be very loud and never ending :laugh:

Sorry to hear that Bailey isnt feeling so bright. I did the homecheck for him so got to meet the gorgeous boy. :wub: He is definately a cheeky chappie who demands his ball to be thrown. :laugh: I'm sure he still has plenty of ball chasing in him yet. He just needs to get them servants working a bit harder for him for a few weeks :wink: