UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Tough Washable Collar Needed

Karen

Rosie is in need of a new collar. She has a lovely collar from Laura for special occasions, so I'm looking for a new every day one.

Requirements are:-

1" wide

Webbing rather than leather

Clip fastening

Washable (will be washed often)

Pink or a pattern with lots of pink in it.

Rosie rolls in something vile at least once a day, so having lots of white in the design would be a bad idea!

Can anyone suggest something that might fit the bill?

Other than the webbing, I was going to suggest a Dublin Collar if they have any suitable colours. I haven't tried them yet but they are a sort of rubbery material and great for dogs that roll in nasty things I gather. I understand they do stretch if the dog's lead is attached and the dog is a real puller.

Another vote for Red Dingo (and it *may* have been me who got one for Bran :wink: ).

Wiggle and Sir H both have them and due to Wiggle's pleasure in rolling in all things manky, his gets washed regularly :laugh:

Here's Wiggle in his:

Day94_1.jpg

All their collars are on the website - Red Dingo although you can't buy from them so I've purchased them from Collars & Tags

I'm really pleased with them as they are hard wearing, cope with being washed regularly and the 'buckle bone' clips makes them a bit different :biggrin:

Thanks very much :flowers: . I knew about the Rogz ones but couldn't see a pink one that would fit, so it's great to see some other types. Wiggle does look especially handsome in his red collar :wub:

I'm off to see what I can hunt down now.

Edited to add that I had seen your collar on ebay Jessy, but the pictures are so tiny that I couldn't make out the design! I am having my eyes tested on monday though which might help.

Edited by Karen

I read on another forum about a Dublin collar splitting at the buckle hole but maybe that was just unlucky :unsure:

Possibly - also I gather if the dog is a puller, the Dublins can stretch a bit so I wouldn't advise one in that situation if the dog is walked with lead attached to the collar - maybe that's what happened there? I'm sure I've heard of Red Dingo's breaking, I guess none are 100% or suitable for every dog are they.

Karen, you can see some of the Dublin Dog collars I mentioned here: http://www.richandrobin.co.uk/cart/gbu0-catshow/collars.html

This is the one I have in mind for M-M one day, I think it would look really nice on a girlie black lab :)

newneopolitan.jpg

Very smart! Rosie is such a dedicated and energetic roller that a buckle might not be good enough to keep the collar on her neck. Look forward to seeing some photos of M-M wearing one though!

I'm tempted by a Red Dingo pink/purple daisy collar at the moment.

Edited by Karen

Wiggle does pull on the lead but I've never had any problems with the strength or quality of the Red Dingo leads :unsure:

With the weather as it is at the moment, both Wiggle's and Sir H's collars have been washed more often than normal as they've got themselves muddy but they've always come out of the wash just like new.

Sir H doesn't roll in manky things but does like to roll in mud and his collar is still going strong :wink: