UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Changing Vets,

Pendlewitch

If any of your pets have a medical history that you want to keep records of, you can either request a copy from the old vet, or get the new vet to do it. I've done both but I think requesting a copy yourself is probably better because you can then check that they have all the details correct before passing it to New Vet.

You don't need to tell your old vets, but your new vets wil probably want your previous vets details to get any case histories, and sadly in this day and age we often have to check they have no outstanding bills with their previous vets too.

Edited by lucyandmeg

You can just register - I've been through most of the vets around Leicester until I found a practice where the vets are actually interested in my animals, understand good customer service and, mostly importantly, where the vets are confident and happy handling rotties. You owe the vets you're leaving no explanation.

You can just register - I've been through most of the vets around Leicester until I found a practice where the vets are actually interested in my animals, understand good customer service and, mostly importantly, where the vets are confident and happy handling rotties. You owe the vets you're leaving no explanation.

Exactly! I don't have a Rottie but the rest says it all! :)