UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Dog Coats Outhwaite V Danish Design

selina

I need to get Ollie a new dog coat, one that will help keep the warmth in around the chest and keep him dry, I love the style of these but wondered if anyone has used either and what the quality was like.

Outhwaite with padded chest

V

Danish Design with chest covering

Or have you seen any other makes with a similar style that you can recommend

Meg has an Outhwaite coat, though not that design but the material looks similar to the one in the top picture.

It's very tough and waterproof (and Meg certainly puts it to the test) but it's quite stiff and 'hard' - I'm not happy that it's all that comfortable for her running around in, and I'll probably look for something a bit softer for her for this winter.

I've got one of these for Milly as she likes to play in water even in the freezing cold. It's great because it's made of Neoprene so is easily washable and it keeps her chest warm as well as it wraps all the way around and zips up the back :flowers:

Oooh I might like something like that for Kiera, as I have been worried about her going in the water with these temperatures. What size has Millie got please? The one thing about ordering online is that you can't see whether sizes are small or generous :unsure:

I've got one of these for Milly as she likes to play in water even in the freezing cold. It's great because it's made of Neoprene so is easily washable and it keeps her chest warm as well as it wraps all the way around and zips up the back :flowers:

How stretchy is it though, I think I might struggle to get Ollie into it, he's a bit wonky now being an old man and trying to bend his leg up and in might not be a good idea :biggrin:

Theres a size 8 Obtrack coat for sale on E Bay price is at £ 5.50, sadly too big for Daisy.........size 8 is 54-56 cm back.

That is a seriously impressive dog coat and just happens to be Ollie's size :ohmy:

Am watching with interest.

Oooh I might like something like that for Kiera, as I have been worried about her going in the water with these temperatures. What size has Millie got please? The one thing about ordering online is that you can't see whether sizes are small or generous :unsure:

The sizes are quite generous - I think I got a small for Milly and it's still a bit big (I had to send the original one back to change it as it was too big) :flowers:

How stretchy is it though, I think I might struggle to get Ollie into it, he's a bit wonky now being an old man and trying to bend his leg up and in might not be a good idea :biggrin:

You don't have to do any contortions to get them into it - the top bit has a zip which opens up completely, so you just put their front legs in, then close it at the back :flowers:

am also in search of a decent padded waterproof dogcoat..however my kimi is a bit of an odd shape, she's a collie x ..maybe..but she's 21inch neck to tail but kinda stumpy:-)..most jackets the right length seem way too big waist wise. Anyone on here make jackets to order at all? I also have a bit of a thing about velcro, since kimi is longhaired and i'm clumsy..so would prefer a jacket with adjustable clip fastenings.any suggestions?

DSC00031.jpg

IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v227/northernlass/DSC00042.jpg[/img]

apologies..it wont let me edit the post to alter photo size to smaller, it is set to small size on photobucket, i swear

am also in search of a decent padded waterproof dogcoat..however my kimi is a bit of an odd shape, she's a collie x ..maybe..but she's 21inch neck to tail but kinda stumpy:-)..most jackets the right length seem way too big waist wise. Anyone on here make jackets to order at all? I also have a bit of a thing about velcro, since kimi is longhaired and i'm clumsy..so would prefer a jacket with adjustable clip fastenings.any suggestions?

DSC00031.jpg

DSC00042.jpg

Edited by gremlin22

DSC00031.jpg

IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v227/northernlass/DSC00042.jpg[/img]

What about one of these robinsons it's the Cosy Dog Coat, theres quite a bit of adjustment in the straps, really good hardwearing coat, Spuds had one for a few years now.