UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Update On #3 Son

K9Fran

Loads of thanks to all those who were supportive when I posted about the problems we were having with my 11 year old son.

Fiona711 said he sounded like her son who has Aspergers, so we went to the GP yesterday who listened to our concerns very carefully, asked the lad lots of questions, and will be writing to his school to get their opinion. We are to go back in about 3 weeks. :unsure:

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: Sounds like you have a good Gp Fran :flowers:

I always think that once you know what you are dealing with life becomes a wee bit easier , and it sounds like you are on the right road to getting a diagnosis for your son , well done for being a caring supportive mum , always remember you know your son better then anyone and im proud of you :flowers:

Any diagnosis takes a fair bit for you to get your head around but at least you know you are doing everything you can to help your son and as i said if you want a chat you know where i am , Kids on the Autistic Spectrum are very special you know :flowers:

Fiona xx

:

I always think that once you know what you are dealing with life becomes a wee bit easier

Fiona xx

i agree, that i found was half the battle, once i wrapped my head around it there are fewer meltdowns, for example, i no longer buy a toothpaste with stripes because he would spend ages straightening them before brushing his teeth, making everyone late and me cross, he also used to waste a whole toilet roll because he liked the perforations to be level so would keep tearing it untill they were, so now i buy a more expensive brand where the perforations are usually pretty level

like fiona says, life becomes easier with just a few simple changes when you know what your dealing with

i agree, that i found was half the battle, once i wrapped my head around it there are fewer meltdowns, for example, i no longer buy a toothpaste with stripes because he would spend ages straightening them before brushing his teeth, making everyone late and me cross, he also used to waste a whole toilet roll because he liked the perforations to be level so would keep tearing it untill they were, so now i buy a more expensive brand where the perforations are usually pretty level

like fiona says, life becomes easier with just a few simple changes when you know what your dealing with

He won't use either of those, so that's not a problem (just don't ask!)

BTW - if your toilet rolls perforations are out of whack, did you know that if you take the top sheet of a 2 ply toilet roll and roll it back the other way, the perforations will magically match up again?