UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Meg, Black And White Greyhound Missing In The New Forest

Nettie

I know this is mentioned in Lost and Found but we're getting desperate so:

Please can you all send your very best 'Meg show yourself' thoughts for our Meg, a GG girlie who has been missing from Ashurst since Friday late afternoon. It was extremely cold last night and as far as we know Meg is still wearing her muzzle and time is getting short. We had a couple of bloodhounds out yesterday and they did seem to be on some sort of trail, whether its the right one we don't know but we had to call it a day as the light was failing. They will be out again today along with a few searchers, the problem is during the week a lot of people are working but we really need help in getting this girl home and warm where she belongs.

Thanks everyone.

2971415196_847a58250b_b.jpg

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to bed thinking about Meg last night and woke up still thinking about her. She's got me so worried so I dread to think what her poor Mum and Dad are going through :(

Are there many out there looking for her today?

Probably about 5 or 6 this morning, and maybe a few more this afternoon, the problem is that people work but those that do who are local are getting up early to look and going out after work which of course is more difficult because its pitch dark in the Forest. I'm going to try and get down again tomorrow but am hoping she's found today. Can't go today, OH is in the City today at meetings so no one to let them out and there is no way Indy could cope with being out in the Forest all day. Lets hope those bloodhounds find her today.

I could potentially try to get down there today. Do you know the best place to look?

Kelly that would be fantastic, can I suggest that you phone Corrine on 07729 225 966 who is down there today co-ordinating. The mobile signal is rubbish so you may have to leave a message.

map.jpg

map2.jpg

The area being concentrated on is south of Ashurst Lodge, east of the railway and north of Matley woods. If you drive through Ashurst Village towards Lyndhurst, on the left just before the railway bridge is the Happy Cheese pub, the turning to Ashhurst Court is the second turning on the left after the railway bridge. Signposted Ashurst Lodge and Wessex Institute. The road is a private road, just carry on down it until you get to the Institute, I'm sure you'll find a few cars parked opposite the Institute, as you're facing the building, take the path that goes around the front of it which will take you along the rightside of the building.

I hope that makes sense, thank you Kelly for helping out.

I have just sent Corinne a text, offering to help out all day tomorrow.

I know the area very well, and all the surrounding walks, car parks etc.as I walk in the forest every day.

I can be there from 9 am on wards with my to dogs :), for as many hours as you want

If anyone wants to update me, please PM me for my number

I have just sent Corinne a text, offering to help out all day tomorrow.

I know the area very well, and all the surrounding walks, car parks etc.as I walk in the forest every day.

I can be there from 9 am on wards with my to dogs :), for as many hours as you want

If anyone wants to update me, please PM me for my number

Thank you so much, please can you pm me your number so I can updated you, everything crossed that she's found today, if not I'll be down again tomorrow too.

I'll be leaving shortly :flowers:

Thanks Kelly, you're a star. :flowers:

Sending lots of Reiki for Meg and hoping she'll be found very soon :flowers:

Thanks Angie, could you ask for Reiki on your Reiki list please, would be very much appreciated.

Hoping she is found quickly bless her. There was a Vizsla walk in the NF on Sunday but no mention of any sightings. I gather it will be a large area though.

That's the problem, its a massive area with so many hiding places, either in the woods or the huge ferns.