UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Big Dog Half Check Collars

LisaLQ

If anyone knows of somewhere that do snazzy but cheapish half checks or martingales in up to dane sizes, please let me know (or if anyone has one spare for sale). His neck is 26", so it needs to be big, and strong enough to walk him on (bearing in mind he's 75+kg). His current one is a TRPD one (that I nicked off KathyM), and is super strong and fab, but I'm looking for something a bit prettier if poss (but reasonably priced eg. not £20). If there is such a thing! He also has a PoshPets (off Ebay) one but it's not strong enough material to walk him on.

Any suggestions for dane sized collar shops would be appreciated. I'm sure I've asked before but I cant find it (probably did it on another site knowing me lol).

Thank you :)

Laura (elricc) nearly died when I asked her to make me a 32 inch one for my Barney :ohmy: All I can say is the time she took to find large and strong d rings and the fabulous job she did at making sure it would be strong enough was brilliant, both Barney and I are delighted with it (note to self find photos to show it off)

Yeah I know what you mean - the TRPD decorative ones are very pretty but probably wouldn't be strong enough for a dane, ok for a tag collar perhaps, but not for walking on. Their woven/webbing one that I have is strong enough though - just webbing only comes in plain or navaho (which is what I think he has) plus there's never any listed on their site (no "buy it now" items, only one off fixed size auction items as far as I can see, but their site is really difficult to navigate so I may have missed them).

Petbitsonline is presumably who I got Blu's spare off, they're called PoshPets on Ebay, but it's the same collars so wont be strong enough :(

How much did your collar from Elricc cost (if it's not too nosey)?

Yama Moo has some martingale Elricc collars too and they're strong enough to walk her on. Here's her pink one:

2774093439_124da01fdb.jpg

I've spent a fortune on dog collars for Yama over the last 3 years and the ones made by Elricc are by far the best I've ever gotten. :)

Oooh that's good to hear another dane owner's experience :) She's beautiful, she's like a slimline version of Blu :laughingsmiley:

Can I be cheeky and ask how much Elricc's collars generally cost (rough stab at a guess)? I'm on limited funds this payday as I'm heading to Newcastle next week...

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to say a huge THANK YOU to Laura for the lovely collar that arrived last week. It's absolutely beautiful and just what we were looking for. Blu says "fanks" too :laughingsmiley: :liebe94:

Shall get pics soon, but just wanted to say thank you (several times)...