UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Gadget For Linking Sky Box To Upstairs Television

cindere528

I want to link my downstairs Sky+ box to my bedroom television. I've been looking in the Argos book & I'm a bit boggled by all the variations on this. They also vary in price quite a lot.

The thing I'm looking for is the one that connects without wires. I can't do the aerial one because I can't get into my loft & I don't want coaxial cable trailing all round the house :(

Does anyone have any advice on which one to get please? :eh:

All seem to offer return path infra red and have Scart in/outs to make connectivity straight forward, they'll be limited in range due to licencing and all will cause interference too and receive interference from wireless networks (and from microwave ovens). The only thing that may vary is the quality of picture but I doubt the difference is enough to warrant buying the £100 model. If it were me I'd go for the Tristar AV sender, it gets some good reports HERE I imagine the buzzing interference they mention is a local wireless router.

We have a wireless sender. I can't remember the make of it at the moment but its a pretty good signal from downstairs to upstairs. You do have to have the channel on the downstairs TV that you want to watch upstairs. ie you cant have someone watching Sky1 downstairs while your watching LivingTV upstairs. I think ours was about £70 a couple of years ago. :)

Would it not be easier to just get another digital box for the upstairs telly?

We have a digi box downstairs but, I am quite happy with my 5 terrestrial channels upstairs.

Would be interested in the answer though

I had thought of getting a cheapy digi box for upstairs, but I don't have an aerial upstairs :(. I may be wrong (cos I don't know much about these sorts of things) but I think you need a proper aerial to connect a freeview digi box. Maybe someone here can tell me different :unsure:

I had thought of getting a cheapy digi box for upstairs, but I don't have an aerial upstairs :(. I may be wrong (cos I don't know much about these sorts of things) but I think you need a proper aerial to connect a freeview digi box. Maybe someone here can tell me different :unsure:

Depending on how strong your signal is, you can use an indoor ariel with a freeview box. We set one up for MIL who had no ariel at all. :flowers:

Depending on how strong your signal is, you can use an indoor ariel with a freeview box. We set one up for MIL who had no ariel at all. :flowers:

I think my signal is pretty strong because I've got a very good picture on channels 3 to 5, BBC1 is a bit blurry, but it's watchable.

Only thing is, if I buy a freeview box & can't set it up cos my signal isn't strong enough, I will have wasted money on it because I doubt the shop would take it back if it was just me that couldn't set it up, and I don't want to go to the expense of getting a man in to do it.

I think my signal is pretty strong because I've got a very good picture on channels 3 to 5, BBC1 is a bit blurry, but it's watchable.

Only thing is, if I buy a freeview box & can't set it up cos my signal isn't strong enough, I will have wasted money on it because I doubt the shop would take it back if it was just me that couldn't set it up, and I don't want to go to the expense of getting a man in to do it.

I bought a freeview box from Cashgenerator. I asked if I could take it back if I could not get a strong enough signal. I had to take it back and they were fine with refunding me. :)