UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Cern Collider - It's Been Nice Knowing You All

ReikiAnge

On that note, is CERN also responsible for my washing machine c0cking up and me having to do the whole load again before it'll open? :mad: Oh well, if we're not going out with a bang just yet then at least I'll get to use me camera - if Citylink has its act together it'll be delivered tomorrow! :biggrin:

Is anyone worried that, if the big light were to go out, they'd be away from home, at work or whatever, and not be with their dogs? That's the only thing that concerns me :unsure:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing is, if you don't explore this stuff, you'll never know what might come usefully from it.

Or it might not do any of that and simply provide a lot of very geeky people with entertainment. But until you investigate, you don't know!

I agree, and (although it won't justify the cost to everyone) a lot more is spent on other, far less interesting and positive explosive thingies.

Wouldn't it be great if it led to the invention of stuff even half as exciting and useful as the www?!

Although I am at the other end of the scale from Geeky, I am strangly quite excited by it all...but not so by the barage of information I've been receiving from son who has just started Physics A - level! :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

The Collider has indeed provided us with a theory of everything. We knew it already under another name - Murphy's Law: if it can go wrong, it will. Perhaps we should now add Cern's Law: if it can't possibly go wrong, it will go totally pearshaped and cost a lot of money.