UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Any Tent Reccommendations

lazydaisy

This "summer" me, kids and dogs attempted camping in a Gelert tent. The elestic in the main pole snapped, one of the loops was unusable and more importantly the main compartment flooded.

I would like to know if anyone can reccomend a 5/6 berth tent which you can stand up in, will withstand Welsh/UK rain and have sewn in ground sheets and a totally zipped front door. I dont want to buy Gelert again. An "easy to put up" tent would be handy as I am the only adult, plus one teen and a 9 yr old.

I dont want to spend a fortune, but a reasonable amount to stay dry is ok.

the Outwell Montana tents are very good, although two are needed to put them up, they don't take long as the "bedrooms" stay inside. We had the 4 and the s6. the dogs didn't need to be onlead inside and there were great features like the flyscreens so that you could open the doors, but still keep the bugs out. There might be some bargains on ebay or the tent websites. I think they are worth the money and should you decide to sell, they hold their value. :biggrin: I've just googled them and they have had a name chage to Minnesota, don't know why. :unsure:

The best tent for ease of putting up and weather withstanding will be a Khyam. They tend to be quite expensive though. Next down from a Khyam would be a Vango. Not sure about the sewn in groundsheets as I'm not sure that they do that anymore :unsure:

A friend of mine has got a Khyam and highly recommends them. I've got a Vango at the moment and I think it's a nightmare to set up. It was also advertised as a 3 man tent, but it's only if you're very small and love eachother very much :wacko:

A friend of mine has got a Khyam and highly recommends them. I've got a Vango at the moment and I think it's a nightmare to set up. It was also advertised as a 3 man tent, but it's only if you're very small and love eachother very much :wacko:

See now we have an 8 man Vango - for me, 2 kids and whatever dogs :wink: It takes the 3 of us about 15 minutes to put up, but I can do it on my own in half an hour. The kids now have their own 2 man tents and so I now have an 8 man tent for me and the dogs :biggrin: :smug-1: I keep thinking about downsizing but a smaller tent isn't realistically going to take up much less space when collapsed, plus if I only put up one bedroom then we have a lot more living space. I got my Vango from Ebay about 5 years ago and it cost about £90. I luffs it lots :wub: