UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Alan's Trip Out To The Tia Show

Birdie

Today Andy and i took the dogs to the TIA show in Halifax and met up with Paul and the beautiful Gap dogs Bobby and Faith.

I have to confess we only entered one of the classes and that was the first one which was best male greyhound. We didn't win but are maintaining it was a fix and we were robbed. We spent most of our time eating our picnics and gossiping. It didn't help that there wasn't a tannoy but just a bloke stood on a box shouting :wacko:

Alan is just the best dog ever. He was so well behaved even when Faith dived on him :laugh: He has been here a week today but i feel i have known him a lifetime already :wub: . Meg was a little quieter than normal for her at this type of event but Andy said something really scared her and she started trying to back out of her collar which she never does. I missed it as was busy talking as per usual. When you have 5 dogs and one as striking as Grace people tend to recognise you via your posts!

Grace was the most admired and i have to confess she did look very striking and clean today as she had a bath yesterday due to being covered in cow poo again :wacko: It is only when i have uploaded the pics that i have realised i didn't take a close up of her but for most of the time she was sat like Queen bee in the boot while her minions had the mat.

They all got a new tassel apart from Sherry as i bought her one before but it trailed on the floor when she put her head down to sniff as she comparitively only has little legs :wub: We also bought some re-cycled jute TIA bags which are great and i will be using one to take my lunch to work in.

Anyway here are some pics of Alan and the girls

Our picnic spot

DSCF5041.jpg

The beautiful, but mad as a fish, Faith :laugh:

DSCF5043.jpg

Holly and Sherry not talking

DSCF5044.jpg

My handsome hound, Alan :wub:

DSCF5045.jpg

Bobby found a doppleganger in his female counterpart Lupe

DSCF5046.jpg

Alan looking thoughful :wub:

DSCF5050.jpg

One for the family album

DSCF5053.jpg

Please can we have another homemade fish bite :flowers:

DSCF5059.jpg

I luuuuuuuurve this pic of Alan, Holly and Faith :GroupHug:

DSCF5060.jpg

Gorgeous Meg

DSCF5062.jpg

Lovely photos!

Who is the spotty one with the fab red collar?

That is Grace my two year old lurcher girl. We found scavenging at the side of the road in January this year. She was malnourished, had an ear infection and had clearly suffered painful ears for a long time as she has untreated haematomas in each ear which has left them mishapen and her left ear significantly deformed. Her feet were sore and she had infected skin and pressure sores on her abdomen.

She also has numerous other scars and was bleeding from under her neck and both ears. There was also a large reliatively new scar on her hind quarters. She smelt like a sewer but despite the mistreatment she had recieved from Man she willingly got in our Landrover and came with us to what turned out to be her forever home.

She is a joy and such a character and has blossomed from this..............

Tia160.jpg

Tia146.jpg

into my beautiful and striking girl that has a family both human and canine that love her implicitly

DSCF2417.jpg

DSCF2474-1.jpg

Grace.jpg

Whoops i think Gracie Moomin just hijacked Alan's thread :rolleyes:

Edited by Birdie

I emailed Jodie at Castledon yesterday pic's of Alans best bits. I also let her know that there is no way he would be returning to Essex as i think he is quite liking the Yorkshire air :GroupHug: We just can't get over how well he has fit in. Now all i need to do is stop looking at the other oldies :biggrin: