UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

X Factor

merledogs

Just read this on another forum about Eoghan.

Still, at least it means we get to enjoy Eoghan's preposterous moniker in full. It's Eoghan Quigg. Eoghan Quigg. That's not a name, that's a Countdown Conundrum. It looks like what happens when you hastily type a URL with your fingers over the wrong keys. If they still allowed text voting, he'd have been out weeks ago.

Or maybe not. Because the moment Eoghan bounds on stage, he triggers a dormant maternal instinct in millions of grandmas up and down the nation, enough to overcome any spelling barrier. Last week an elderly neighbour aahhed herself to death halfway through his performance of Anytime You Need a Friend. Because Eoghan's got a baby face. And I mean that literally, as in someone's grafted a baby's face on to the front of his head. Tiny little eyes and a ruby-red mouth. He's like a cross between the Test Card clown and a crayon portrait of Jamie Oliver. Weird. Eerie. Like the spectral figure of an infant chimney sweep that suddenly appears in an upstairs window, gazing sadly at your back as you walk the grounds of a remote country mansion on a silent Christmas afternoon; alerted by an indefinable chill, you turn and, for the briefest moment, his wet, sorry eyes meet yours... and then he's gone.

That's Eoghan, the ghost of X Factor present. Even if he gets voted out, I'm frightened I'll still spot him intermittently in the dead of night, popping up on screen during old black-and-white films, pleading through the glass like a kitten in a microwave. Swear to God, if he's not gone by New Year's Eve I'm having my television exorcised by a priest.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is wrong with those judges, Eoghan was so out of tune it was painfull and he's such a hedious little monster too, please please let him go tonight, closely followed by the wailing Diana.

JLS have been cloned from Westlife, I thought they had a bit of something at first but Louis had totally erased any character and talent from them.

I'm stuck now with Ruth and Alex, but as has been said, do we need another Legrona, like a hole in the head we do so I have to go with Ruth the rock chick but she has to stop yelling!

Louis wearing makeup :sick01: Some poor soul has to put it on him!

I must admit I have gone off Diana a bit the last few weeks. I do really really like Alex but there are plenty of others out there like her. We don't have any good female rock singers though so Ruth could definitely fill that niche. She has grown on me big time and I think she's now my favourite (which probably means she'll get voted off tonight!)

Have to agree Louis has wrecked JLS. Britney night was gonna be tough for them so he then gives them a Whitney ballad as their other song :wacko:

I really don't get Eoghan. They keep saying how popular he is etc but I've not met one person who thinks he is anything other than shite. He cannot sing to save himself and has all the talent of a dead frog.