UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Where Are My Mates?

dlmckay

How did the open home thing go? Or is that tomorrow, am getting a bit confused on time zones.

I can see both house links, both look fab :) Not sure why Dee can't see them.

I think perhaps we are needing some photos of your dogs, even the useless :wink: :wub:

My main news is the adoption of the most beautiful lab pup from lab rescue. She's called Minnie-Moo and is fab :wub: but we adopted her in March so you may have already seen my wittering on about her :blush:

Good luck with the move :flowers: Would love to see some photos of the area you live in if you get a chance :)

Time zones are hard to get your head around aren't they? :wacko: I've just woken up to a rainy Sunday morning and our Open Home is at 2pm today - so approx 2 or 3am for you tonight.

Um, well this is my street...

Im000293-newtreesinstreet.jpg

and this is an old pic of the dogs on the beach

LangsBeach-PlayingintheSurf.JPG

I have been slack in not taking photos... I shall attempt to remedy that!

Can't believe Jet is that bad - you were spoilt with the intelligence of the first two!!!! :laugh:

You've no idea! I'm completely flumoxed by this dog... I can get SIT, DOWN, RECALL and not a lot else! I've tried to train him in flygility, but his overwhelming need for the ball overides any learning :rolleyes: it's more like an obsession than a drive.

In agility, he's so focused on finding the ball, he jumps through hurdles... he just doesn't get it!

Are you near the sea?

In the UK sense of the word, I suppose so - we're about 10 miles away. In the NZ sense, no, we're nowhere near LOL

Oh, here's someone you probably don't know.... Luna

Im000790.jpg

She was in the local pound a year ago and suffering from weeping bald patches and swollen feet (you can see in the photo that her left foot is bigger than her right) - turned out to be stress related.

She is a Black Tipped British Shorthair - and she's adorable. I have clicker trained her to high five and to "stick 'em up" where she sits on her back legs with her front legs in a "don't shoot" pose. She's a real honey and a delight.

Edited by dlmckay

Tui is getting slow... oh, it's just so sad. This poor little dog never deserved the ill health that she suffers from. Her ears are still troubling her, although a raw diet has helped to control the worst of it.

She is now suffering from a problem that stops her heart rate from increasing when she is active. As a result, her blood doesn't get the extra oxygen it needs and she becomes fatigued very quickly. She can only do one agility run now, so she's semi-retired. I am trying to get her title from ADX to ADX Gold - just six clear rounds should do it :-) then I'll retire her from it. She still enjoys flygility, but because her speeds are down, she only gets the one run there.

Still she has impressive qualifications nonetheless - she is Tui FD ADX CGC(Gold) - not bad for an illbred mongrel :wub:

Ah yes, although Wanganui is further south, it is actually drier than Auckland, which seems to have showers every 5 minutes :rolleyes:

I've already visited the local dog club and met with some ladies who do not only club obedience class training, but also private tuition, so hoping to get in there :)

And we'll have a bigger, flatter section! Yay!

So what happened this week then? We had no-one come to our Open Home (sob), but the weather has just been so gosh darn awful, it's not surprising really.

We have the woodburner going (no central heating here!), and the electric heaters. Plus Willow has decided her place is on my lap, so provided I'm sitting, my legs will be warm :laugh:

I'm trying, trying, trying to get Tui to present with the dumbell, but no success. She's so soft, she crumples when you try to presssure her... having a little positive with using other toys that aren't the dumbell and have managed to get her to drop a fluffy bone on my knee. Anyone else having training issues?