UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Golden Labrador

collies r best

crossposted from dp[ with permission]

................................................................................

.................................................................................

When up the Wenallt Mountain tonight with my dogs there was a labrador wandering about the car park. It was stinking dirty and smelly. I would say it was an old dog and was very overweight.

Apparently it has been there for 3 days. It was soaked through and covered in mud.

It has been taken to Cardiff Dogs Home. I hope I have done the right thing but it could not stay where it was.

Just had an update so this can be closed.

I have just spoken to the dog warden. Apparently the Wenallt is private property and the dog actually belonged to the farmer who owns the land. He is apparently furious that someone took it upon themselves to take the dog to the pound. whoops!

The dog warden has just said he would have done exactly the same thing due to the dog being so dirty and also being spotted for a few days.

He has been returned to the farmer and now hopefully he will keep a better eye on his dog

Glad the dog is (hopefully) ok. Private property or not, tis not good to have a dog wandering around a carpark alone is it. Presumably the dog wasn't wearing an ID tag either or the finder could have called the owner.

At least they cared enough to help the dog :flowers: