UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Who Is The Sick One In This House?

Kathyw

Ray is always asking if I want any shopping and goes off happily to get it for me. If I don't want anything he can always think of something we need. I didn't question it as I was just glad to have some peace.

The other day I had to pick something up and went through the market, decided to have a coffee and went into one of the cafes with him. I do not usually go anywhere with him nowdays but this was unavoidable.

They all knew his name and he knew theirs. Seems he visits the cafe every day for a fryup or bacon and egg sarnie.

Now and then these foods are ok - but everyday :( it's no wonder he looks like half side of a house.

Every fing day :angry: I am sooo angry with him. He can barely walk and the only exercise he gets is to and from the car. He is also still smoking.

Before he got sick Ray never had a ciggie before 11am in the morning ever. Now he gets up and goes straight outside for a roll-up.

His heart is enlarged and flabby - yea well that's no suprise. He sees the best doctors in the best hospital for the heart and yet takes no responsibility (except for taking the meds and that is a strict routine) for his own health. I know he lies to the doctors about the smoking and exercise, he does it to Michael (cardiac nurse0 all the time.

Moi on other other hand has lost a stone in weight, am pasty looking I have no energy left when I get back from taking the dogs out and feel permantly tired, as if I have been labouring all day on a building site in the hot sun and little or no appetite. In fact the last proper home cooker meal I actually ate was Christmas dinner.

Which one is the sick one in this house?