UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Pet Sheep Anyone?

ReikiAnge

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: Brilliant thanks for sharing, I particularly liked the bit about him lying on his back to be shampooed :laugh:

My friend had a pet Tup ( Ram) for many years called Jeffrey, she had to re-home him when she moved house but apparently he's still on the go, making the resident dogs life a misery, he would chase my friends two kids anytime they tried to go into the garden and if the back door was left open would walk into the house and promptly poop on the carpet :laugh: , he also decided that Celeste and my friends dog Peggy who were both puppies at the time, were honorary sheep and would get quite protective of them and let them jump on and off him whilst he was lying down.

I aquired a 2 day old lamb from chelford market as its mother had died and the farmer didnt have time to rear it, i got home and as i walked in the house my mum walked out lol, Lippy lived with us until she was weaned, she would run round the house with the dogs and kick the back door when she wanted the toilet, im sure she thought she was a dog. She now lives happily on a local farm as a pet :)

Edited by red-devil0602

I aquired a 2 day old lamb from chelford market as its mother had died and the farmer didnt have time to rear it, i got home and as i walked in the house my mum walked out lol, Lippy lived with us until she was weaned, she would run round the house with the dogs and kick the back door when she wanted the toilet, im sure she thought she was a dog. She now lives happily on a local farm as a pet :)

THIS REMINDED ME OF WALES WHEN MY CHILDREN WERE SMALL (NOW IN THEIR 40S!) AND WE HELPED REAR THE ORPHAN LAMBS EVERY YEAR FROM A LOCAL FARMER. ONE FELLOW STAYED AFTER ADOPTING MY DOGS AND LIVED OUTSIDE IN THE KENNELS WITH THE PACK, WENT ON THE SCHOOL RUN EVERY DAY AND GENERALLY BEHAVED LIKE ONE OF THE PACK. HE CONTRACTED A SERIOUS ILLNESS AT THE AGE OF 3 AND DIED BUT WE HAVE LOVELY PHOTOS AND MEMORIES OF HIM.THE ONLY STRESS HE EXPERIENCED WAS WHEN HE HAD TO HAVE HIS YEARLY DIP AND IF HIS BRETHREN WENT BY THE HOUSE!

Fabulous :biggrin:

An old work colleague had a pet lamb, Clara, who roamed about with her dogs. She was supposed to go back to the farm but neither Clara or her new mum and family wanted that so she stayed. She did go to bed in her own specially constructed shed tho she was free to lounge in the kitchen by the aga the rest of the time. In the mornings if her mum was a bit late about letting her out Clara would head butt the door just too remind her and then barge her way into the kitchen to say hello to the dogs and demand her breakfast :wub:

Sheep obviously aint as daft as common thinking would have us believe.

When I worked at the City Farm along from my house one of the Hebridean ewe's was due to lamb so I made her a cosy corner for her in the indoor pen from bales of straw, every time I turned round her mum would jump in beside her, I'd put her out, she'd jump back in, I eventually admitted defeat and left them to it :laugh: , but it did make me realise what close family ties sheep have to one another .