UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

On My Own For A Week

cocoa

well when i say on my own i still have the kids and dogs !

Steve is going to the Le mans races ( i hope that is right ) with the MG peeps

some old men that get out old cars and drive to France to see more car ( but new ones this time )

go round and round for 24 hours then drive home

just in case anyone get this he is going in a Triumph TR4 ( a old car lol )

all lovely but i hate being on my own! well with out him as i am never on my own i have to many kids and dogs to be 100% on my own.

i feel a little losses and not sure what to do with my self now

his only been gone 2 hours !

sad i know .

well i guess my knitting with get done!

what do you do with times like this ? when you have time to your self ?

I know the bit that will get me it's 5 at clock when he should come home from work

I know this is just a feeling from being left when x walked out but it feels so sad for me.

This is not Steve walking out on you - he has gone to be kids again with other big kids. :)

Personally I would love time on my own but I can understand how you feel as I have felt that way sometimes myself.

You can spend all the time you like on here, cook whatever you like, don't cook if you don't want to.

I am sure peeps will be on later with lots of ideas.

I would say try and enjoy it - lonliness is a state of mind - you can be lonely in a room full of people.

you can be lonely in a room full of people.

Never truer words than that.

Cocoa you could come on here and chat, do things you can't/don't do when he is there. Pamper yourself, take long baths let the kids stay up later at the weekend and have a pyjama party with them, build a den so you can all have midnight snacks in secret. Not much help I know, but try not to think about it too much a week will soon go by - in the meantime you could plan a special welcome home meal.

By the way how lucky is he to have a TR4 (I should have put this in the dream thread as I would love one)

I hated being on my own when OH worked nights for a couple of months so I do sympathise with you, but The Refuge was a good place to be :flowers:

OH has worked away Mon-Fri for 7 years now but I thrive on having time to myself so it isn't a problem. I do all the things I can't do easily when he and Ceri are home - draw, paint, read, watch what I want on TV :rolleyes: and eat the food I like :laugh: Ooh and a glass of wine without OH snoring away on the sofa is bliss :wub:

Try to line up lots of stuff that you love doing but never seem to get time to do and spoil yourself with goodies of your choice :flowers:

My OH is away this week as well, he has gone to the air show at Fairford and I am loving every minute of the peace. Holly and I do what we want when we want. Only me to cook for so I eat when I'm hungry.

Lovey.

Barbara

well one day night two tonight !

I know i should be happy that i am on my own but i hate it.

I was happy when I was on my own with no partner but i miss him so much

and i feel safer when he is here

I am sure i will cope it's only a week.