UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

I Have Been Asked To Help Find A Sprollie A New Home

Clare

The daughter of a friend of my mum has a 18 month collie x springer, her work circumstances have changed and she can't give him the time he needs, he is sometimes being left all day, and being an active young dog is obviously finding that very hard.

She has asked if I can help find him a home but where do I start? I know rescues are bursting and how do I know a private rehoming will be a genuine home :unsure:

Can anyone point me in the right direction please :flowers:

That is an energetic cross :biggrin:

Have you tried Springer rescue or collie rescue.

Sure is :laugh: Any thoughts I was having of offering a home were soon forgotten when she told me his breed, definately needs a very active home.

I wasn't sure if breed rescues would help with a cross, but I shall go investigate now thanks :flowers:

I wasn't sure if breed rescues would help with a cross, but I shall go investigate now thanks :flowers:

Some will :flowers:

Don't suppose there's any chance of his owner arranging for a dog walker/pet sitter/day boarding for him during the day to enable them to keep him?

You could also try general rescue centres - I'm sure they'll mostly have a waiting list but his owner could get him on one now. Whereabouts is the dog, maybe people can suggest places to try.

Oh heck I have just recieved pictures my resolve is waining :rolleyes:

I am not sure he is a sprollie, it would be bearded collie rather than a border cross I think.

I will check she has thought of dog walkers, I just got the impression she hadn't realised what a commitment dogs are in general :(

We are in Bracknell, Berks and could possibly foster him, depending on Murphy's approval, if any rescue could offer backup :)

Oh heck I have just recieved pictures my resolve is waining :rolleyes:

I am not sure he is a sprollie, it would be bearded collie rather than a border cross I think.

I will check she has thought of dog walkers, I just got the impression she hadn't realised what a commitment dogs are in general :(

We are in Bracknell, Berks and could possibly foster him, depending on Murphy's approval, if any rescue could offer backup :)

you could try DBARC (Diana Brimblecombe), they are in Berks. :flowers: Thats if your resolve doesnt totally weaken :biggrin:

I'd have a chat with DBARC too - that's where Ollie my Springer / Collie cross is from (strangely enough) :rolleyes: I think they also do something where they'll feature him on their website but rehome directly from home so he wouldn't necessary have to go into kennels :rolleyes:

Also try posting on the Spring Thing website as there's loads of Springer fans there too who might have some advice :rolleyes: