UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Garage Security

loobie

Eldest son is currently saving for a brand new motorcross bike and we are securing the garage ready for the bike. I have been looking at a couple of different methods of security for the up and over door

This One

and

This One

I know lots of fugees have motorbikes and was wondering what method they use to secure their garage doors before I spend out on something.

So hopefully it is fugees to the rescue again :rolleyes:

The person over the road from us had racing motorbikes in his garage and had the sort of device shown in your first link, but it's red, not sure if that's relevant.

OH had bikes until he needed new knees and we've got an extra lock that goes inside the back of the door and sends out long metal rod things into each corner of the door frame (think giant spider!). I can look to see if it has a name when I get home if you think it might help?

One of these

ellepops003.jpg

with one of these

buck001.jpg

and one of these

DSCF2933.jpg

plus a 7ft high padlocked gate before you get anywhere near the garage

no help whatsoever was I :laugh:

Hope you sort something, the theft of bikes is so high, a good alarm fitted will also bring his insurance down too :flowers:

thanx RR :laugh:

We have security for the back door to the garage as it is through the house but want to be able to lock the outside of the front door and also get in that way so inside the door wont be any good. At the moment we have a huge metal bar inside which rests on brackets either side of the door.

As the internal door to the garage is through my sons bedroom I would also like to have access to the garage through the front too :rolleyes:

Have found this - am thinking of this as it seems better than the others and can be locked/unlocked from the inside and outside

Garage Door Lock

we are getting a ground anchor as well, just debating a set in the ground one or a bolt on the floor one

thanx for the input fellow fugees :flowers: