UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Creative Zen - Which One?

merledogs

I am looking to buy a Creative Zen and would appreciate some advice.

I primarily want it for radio & music (I will get a docking station to replace my existing stereo at home which is knackered) and also for listening to audio books :pinkie:

In terms of music, I don't anticipate having more than a couple of hundred songs at a time on there. I am assuming that if I download songs and want to remove them from the Zen I can store them on my PC instead? :unsure: And can I rip music from CD onto the Zen?

I will also be downloading audio books onto it - does anyone know how much memory that would take up per book approx? :unsure:

The one I like the look of so far is the V Plus 4GB (below). What I need to know is will this be sufficient for my needs in terms of storage and also, if anybody has one, how easy is it to use and how do you rate it? I have read some reviews on Amazon which indicate that there may be a manufacturing fault with the screen giving out after a short time so would appreciate feedback on whether this is true or not.

Creative_Zen_V_Plus_4GB_BlackBlue.jpeg

Thanks for your help :flowers:

I have this one creative zen although i bought mine for the fact i could put films on as well as music. I like the fact it has a radio too.

One thing i did like very much was that i loaded it onto my office pc (windows 98) easily, then put it on my own pc in the lounge (vista) and it loaded both without hassle. you can rip your cd to your computer and then onto the zen, or directly onto the zen, or off the zen onto your pc again. I think what swung it for me with this model was the fact it has additional memory availability.

The downside to anything creative is that you cant find as many gadgets for it as you can an Ipod on sites such as ebay or amazon.

I have the same as Helly and I love it. Its really easy to use and the software that comes with it is really easy too. Makes ripping and managing your files really simple :biggrin: I've had mine since Christmas with no problems.

What is a creative Zen? When I saw the title I thought it was something to do with meditating!! Are they like ipods? How much do they cost? :wacko:

the link i put on has a picture of what it is, a write up on what it does and a cost all on it :flowers:

I bought the 2GB one and had problems as it's not compatible with Windows Vista so changed it for a Samsung.I think the slightly older models are well known to have issues with Vista according to what I've read on the internet so if you have this Alex be a bit wary.

I think I shall get Helly's model but with a 4GB memory instead of 8GB as I don't think I'll need that much, and I can always upgrade later on if I find I need to. Thanks all for the advice :flowers:

Alex the joy of this model is if you use the 4g up you just buy a memory card and save stuff to the card so you never need to upgrade to a bigger memory zen.

Alex the joy of this model is if you use the 4g up you just buy a memory card and save stuff to the card so you never need to upgrade to a bigger memory zen.

That's what I meant Di (ie upgrade the memory not the Zen) I just didn't express myself properly :flowers:

Edited by merledogs

I ended up ordering the V Plus in the end - I thought about it and what I want it for is pretty basic stuff, so I didn't want to buy more than I actually needed, IYKWIM. Plus I prefer the look of the V Plus and I like the docking station for it, which is next on my list to purchase.

I managed to buy a little travel pack charger for an ipod where you stick the usb end into the plug and plug it in. it also came with a car charger adapter as well as plugs for all over the world. cost me a fiver and is easier to take away than lots of cables and chargers etc. much smaller and neater :)

I've order this docking station for it so it will live on there most of the time and charge that way. I probably wouldn't use it away from the house much, or if I do it will be in the office and I can plug it into my laptop there.

travelsound-zen-v.jpg

Edited by merledogs