UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Petition To Reprimand Mp For Comments On Homosexuality

ReikiAnge

Is she worth all this concern?

I wouldn't let her think she's dangerous - keeping this nonsense in the headlines, bringing her to book, is giving her power she doesn't merit.

I'm with you.

Use the dog training principle - ignore unwanted behaviour - reward good.

Pam

• 2 weeks later...

I have read the comments to this thread and my question is; "Is anything now considered abnormal" Whatever pastimes people pursue, beit of a sexual nature or whatever there are always people ready to spring to it's defence. I'm glad that the Government (At the moment) don't intend to make it compulsory.

I'm with you.

Use the dog training principle - ignore unwanted behaviour - reward good.

Pam

I have read the comments to this thread and my question is; "Is anything now considered abnormal" Whatever pastimes people pursue, beit of a sexual nature or whatever there are always people ready to spring to it's defence. I'm glad that the Government (At the moment) don't intend to make it compulsory.

Not sure I understand this? :unsure:

Normal surely only becomes abnormal or wrong if it is forced on an unwilling participant, an individuals choice of sexual partner(s) should surely be their own affair.

It goes without saying that some one will "spring to the defence" of a chosen passtime as more than one individual in the country/world will share the enjoyment,.

What makes something "wrong" or gives anyone the right to deem some one in need of psychiatric treatment just because they dont agree with another persons choices?

Normal surely only becomes abnormal or wrong if it is forced on an unwilling participant, an individuals choice of sexual partner(s) should surely be their own affair.

It goes without saying that some one will "spring to the defence" of a chosen passtime as more than one individual in the country/world will share the enjoyment,.

What makes something "wrong" or gives anyone the right to deem some one in need of psychiatric treatment just because they dont agree with another persons choices?

Thanks Jacqui, I was thinking along those lines, just couldn't word it properly. :rolleyes:

Added to that I would say that it is someone's "choice" to be homosexual as much as it is someone's "choice" to be black or lefthanded. As for some people's opinion that you have a choice whether to act upon it, well obviously you cannot choose whether or not you are going to hide the colour of your skin. However, many years ago, children who used their left hand to write in school were sometimes punished and forced to use their right hand (I think that's what happened to my uncle at least, about 75-odd years ago :unsure:), being lefthanded was apparently considered "abnormal" then too. I'm pretty sure no one bats an eyelid these days when they see someone writing with their left hand. Maybe a bit of a wonky comparison, but I'm sure that you know what I mean. As for people jumping to the defence of someone who is being belittled/bullied/discriminated against, surely that is something that we should all aspire to do? The more often bullies and bigots are challenged, the less often they just might spout their ugly, ignorant, contemptive tripe.

Not sure I understand this? :unsure:

No need to even try, the ummm "gentleman" (I use the term very loosely) doesn't approve of this forum, as we don't allow threads bashing rescues who aren't even represented here but we do allow threads defending people who engage in certain sexual practices, the afformentioned "gentleman" made us aware of his feelings in no uncertain words along with an extremley explicit description of how far up our own anatomy we all are :rolleyes: given the "gentlemans" evident discomfort at being a member of a forum which allows such things to be posted - we've have made things a little easier for him by removing his membership.

No need to even try, the ummm "gentleman" (I use the term very loosely) doesn't approve of this forum, as we don't allow threads bashing rescues who aren't even represented here but we do allow threads defending people who engage in certain sexual practices, the afformentioned "gentleman" made us aware of his feelings in no uncertain words along with an extremley explicit description of how far up our own anatomy we all are :rolleyes: given the "gentlemans" evident discomfort at being a member of a forum which allows such things to be posted - we've have made things a little easier for him by removing his membership.

Sorry, 's not funny, but your description of above situation made me :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: