UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Volunteer(s) Needed For Special Project

Fee

The Oldies Club receives many calls from people needing to find homes for older dogs. As a small rescue we do our best to help, but our resources are limited and we always have a long waiting list. As well as adding dogs to our list, we like to advise owners of other possible sources of help and rescues they can try.

At the moment the list of rescues we can suggest is very patchy - we rely on a mixture of information from other websites (which is often incomplete and/or out of date) and personal knowledge and contacts.

We would love to have a much more comprehensive list of rescues in the UK, ideally on a county-by-county basis, that we could send to people.

This would be quite a major project involving researching, assembling and checking a lot of information. It could either be done by one person, or split between a number of people on a regional/county basis.

If you think you may be able to help with this please PM me, or e-mail [email protected] to discuss it further.

Thanks for reading! :)

Wow, thanks everyone who has posted or contacted me!

I've had quite a few offers of help, plus some links to good sources of information (and yes please to the KC directory, Selina, I didn't realise they did one) :flowers:

Please bear with me until I can sort out what areas people have offered to cover etc, and I'll get back to everyone as soon as I can.

Erm - A Big Ask now :unsure: but what would be absolutely fantabulous is to have one person who could co-ordinate it all and liaise with the other volunteers to make sure we get good regional coverage, no duplication and everything in some sort of common format.

If anyone is up for that please let me know :cool:

Go on - I'll be the idiot who steps up to the mark. It would have to be co-ordination by email while I am abroad but with modern technology I don't see that as a problem.

Anne

Fantastic, Anne, you are a star :biggrin:

I'll contact you tomorrow with some of the links I've been sent and a list of the people who have offered to help :flowers:

When you say UK do you mean just the mainland or doe we NIers count aswell? :unsure: :rolleyes: :laugh:

Good point! Fro our point of view I don't think we've ever been contacted for help from NI, so we're unlikely to be referring people to rescues there.

For the sake of completeness, though, and if there was anybody prepared to get the information together it would be good to include NI rescues. I've already had several requests from people for a copy of 'The List' when it's done so it may be useful to other rescues as well as the OC.

Hi guys - right well I have got this one under my wing now. Info I propose we include are the following:-

Name of Rescue

Address

Tel Nos

Email

Website

Opening Hours

Breeds catered for

If anyone thinks of anything else let me know.

Fiona has sent me the list of people who have responded so far and I will be in contact shortly to find out which counties we are still going to need help with. Bear with me and if there are any other offers of help - please get in touch

Anne