UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Vet Wrap/stick Bandage

merledogs

I bought some Vetwrap off eBay the other day but it wasn't the stuff I wanted - the stuff I got was self-adhering so didn't have glue and when I tried it on Beau's paw he pulled it straight off :rolleyes: What I wanted was the stuff the vets use which sticks properly with adhesive. Have searched on eBay but can't find any apart from the self-adhering stuff (maybe I'm just searching for the wrong stuff).

Can anyone point me in the right direction please as to what it's called and/or where I can buy it? :unsure:

Ive only ever used the self sticky vetwrap and thats what my vet uses. are you after finding one with additional glue to stick it down? I remember when Winnie was troublesome with his vet wrap they used a roll of sticky tape around to make it more secure, but ive never seen them use glue :unsure:

co-flex ?

I only know about vetwrap/petwrap haven't known vets to use anything else. You could try wrapping round the vetwap (dog/cat size is called petwrap I think) with insulating or Duck tape to keep it on and seal it more against the wet :flowers:

Kisses to Beau :wub:

Edited by reds

I don't know if they will have what your looking for but I get my Vetwrap from a site called Horseactive, look in the horse dept under bandages and you'll find a huge choice of all diffrent types of bandages and wraps and at quite a bit cheaper than anywhere else. If you go into the pet dept I'm sure I saw a spray for bandages to stop dogs pulling them off.

Jack had a cut paw with stitches in recently so have just been through this. Is it for in the house or when you go outside? If you wrap some tape around the pastern/ankle that works wonders in keeping it on. I would also wrap around the toe area if you're taking him outside in it, to limit scuffing. Also sandwich bags work brilliantly for loo trips, again secure with tape but keeps foot covered really well - zip locks ones are easiest :laugh:

What has he done?

Edited by reds

Thanks for the replies.

I've got a Mikki boot but it never stays very long on mine, they just pull it off :rolleyes:

The horse vetwrap is the stuff I've got, but the stuff I am after is like a bandage but adhesive like fabric plasters.

I put some vetwrap on him this morning but went further up his leg and it seems to have stayed on okay, so fingers crossed.

Edited by merledogs

I think I know what you are on about, and it's not called vetwrap, but being very helpful here, haven't got a clue what it's actually called, lol. But yes it's really sticky and quite strong, good to just put around the top over the vetwrap. We normally use it to wrap around the horses hoof/shoe when they fly, as it'll hold.

Haha, just had a look in my medicine box as I was sure I'd nicked some just in case, it's called elastoplast, here's one website with it Elastoplast, you have to look under veterinary to get it. I think it comes in dog size versions too. Otherwise the normal brown stuff, is also ok, but not near as strong or adhesive.

Slightly off topic but took Jack out round the Chase tonight with a cani-x boot on as he had a whole hawthorn in his pad at the weekend and is still a bit sensitive with it. Put the obligatory tape round his ankle on top of the boot and it stayed on brilliantly through puddles and mud as well. I was really impressed. Have a Mikki one but that needs about 3/4 loads of tape on for it to stay put (which it then does really well to be fair). Don't think any would stay on for long off lead but worth knowing about anyway I think.

There's a CWG near us so if you need anything collecting I'm happy to get it and post off.