UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Feeling Very Down

agilitymad

Hoping that today is better for you and that you have realized how much you really do contribute to this world of ours.

Don't minimize what you have given of yourself - it is the biggest gift of all.

Minimize the problems as much as you can.

Thing will get better from now on and the next chapter of your life will be starting soon and I have a feeling it will be wonderful.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to update i do feel alot better today so thanks again everyone for your kind words :flowers:

I have registered with the volunteering website and its just a waiting game know :)

I have walked the dogs and had a great time laughing at some of the silly things they did and that helped alot. Meet some people on the walk that thought i was crazy as was sing to the dogs and not paying any attention to anyone else.

Also made an appointment to see my Gp :(

Thinking of you. I'd be in the same dark place if it wasn't for the happy pills, an understanding Dr, OH and a wonderful employer!

One thing I have learnt is not to 'hope' that good things happen - it leads to depression when they don't (and we all know life can be a b*tch sometimes). Try and wonder rather than hope - wonder as in wonder what you'll get for Christmas, rather than hope you get that new bike. Hope and you set yourself up for dissapointment..........

On the plus side - be proud of your family and your dogs - YOU have acheived that!

Just to update i do feel alot better today so thanks again everyone for your kind words :flowers:

I have registered with the volunteering website and its just a waiting game know :)

I have walked the dogs and had a great time laughing at some of the silly things they did and that helped alot. Meet some people on the walk that thought i was crazy as was sing to the dogs and not paying any attention to anyone else.

Also made an appointment to see my Gp :(

I'm really pleased you're feeling a bit better today, and especially that you've made an appointment to see your GP. You would be amazed at how many people get into the same place you are in - loads of us on here, so keep talking to us :wink:

Let us know how you get on with the GP :flowers:

:GroupHug: You've had lots of good suggestions and you sound really positive today :flowers: I hope your GP can help.

I'm sure others can identify with the feeling of having done nothing with your life, I know I have felt that way before, but you have given examples just in this thread alone which I hope you will remember, so that you know you *have* done great things and you are valued :GroupHug:

I'm not sure if anyone has suggested it, but maybe keeping a diary detailing the good/positive things that you do/happen to you/people you talk to etc. would help you - you could look at it for a boost when you need one? :GroupHug:

Thinking of you. I'd be in the same dark place if it wasn't for the happy pills, an understanding Dr, OH and a wonderful employer!

One thing I have learnt is not to 'hope' that good things happen - it leads to depression when they don't (and we all know life can be a b*tch sometimes). Try and wonder rather than hope - wonder as in wonder what you'll get for Christmas, rather than hope you get that new bike. Hope and you set yourself up for dissapointment..........

On the plus side - be proud of your family and your dogs - YOU have acheived that!

I think people need to find their own way/what works for them :flowers: I'm a firm believer in the power of positive thought, although of course when you could most do with it, it's often the hardest to manage.

I'm not sure if anyone has suggested it, but maybe keeping a diary detailing the good/positive things that you do/happen to you/people you talk to etc. would help you - you could look at it for a boost when you need one? :GroupHug:

I'd agree with Ange here - I kept a scrap book when I was at my worst, and used it to record good things that happened - stuck in photos or something that reminded me of a nice event. And it doesn't have to be all fancy stuff either, things like a really good book or noticing a favourite tree has just come into leaf work just as well :)