UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

An Appeal For Help.

raiye

deep breath and............

Daisy is a small cross breed dog that I have been trying to get my hands on for quite some time now.

It all started nearly 2 years ago when her first litter of puppies was kindly taken in by WAW and rehomed. Since then there has been a further 2 litters - also kindly rehomed by other rescues.

The latest from one of her litters to be rehomed was little Gertie - seen recently in the rehoming section.

In all this time several nuetering vouchers have been offered but the owners never took the opportunity.

Now the owners have come to me again. They have asked that I take Daisy and 'get her sorted'.

Now the problems.

Daisy appears to be in pup again. This will be her fourth litter. :angry: The owners have no idea how far gone she is, or what breed dad may be. All they know is that with 2 new babies in their new house, they dont want the hassle of puppies!!

My current position with dogs and children leaves me in no position to take a pregnant bitch, and my financial position means I am unable to cover vet costs. :unsure:

I would very much like to get Daisy to see a vet ASAP. I hope/pray she isnt too far gone and that pups could be aborted and mum speyed in one go. I am close enough to keep an eye on Daisy and take her for any neccesary vets appointments and help in any way I can.

They dont really care what happens :angry: They just want her back pupless and nuetered. The owners do not have the funds to cover any costs either :mellow:

I suppose I am really on a begging mission. Daisy is a sweet, shy little thing. She isnt mistreated - just not treated as I would like :wacko:

Is there a rescue that could offer any help?

Any one have any advice, words of wisdom, money making ideas? lol.

Anything? :flowers:

Fugees have come to my aid many times before and I hate having to ask for help again but Daisy has been through the mill and I do worry that another litter could kill her :crying_anim: Please - Im begging.

Are they on benefits? Do any of the larger organisations (Dogs Trust, RSPCA etc) operate neutering schemes in your area? If they do and you could help sort that out for them, maybe they'd go through with it this time?

They do want to keep her right? She's not looking for a rescue place for rehoming?

What would the owners do if YOU 'couldnt' help? Would they still keep her 'even pregnant'? Just wondering if they would then rehome her? Seems like they rely on you Raiye to take the responsibilty that they should! :angry: Maybe its the ideal opportunity to get her away from them and into her ideal home? Not sure how old they are but, especially with two littlies of there own. Will Daisy be 'in the way' soon? :(

Well done Raiye for keeping your eye on this girl and doing your best by her. What a star you are :wub:

What would the owners do if YOU 'couldnt' help? Would they still keep her 'even pregnant'? Just wondering if they would then rehome her? Seems like they rely on you Raiye to take the responsibilty that they should! :angry: Maybe its the ideal opportunity to get her away from them and into her ideal home? Not sure how old they are but, especially with two littlies of there own. Will Daisy be 'in the way' soon? :(

Well done Raiye for keeping your eye on this girl and doing your best by her. What a star you are :wub:

Yep, well done, this little girl sounds like she needs you.

Just wondering outloud, if owners did allow Daisy to be rehomed, might they then just get another dog at some point soon, who will also be forever pregnant? :angry:

One problem at a time please folks. lol.

I'm more relieved that they have finally agreed that all these litters aren't good for her - or them - and have accepted something needs to be done. Daisy is a lovely, sweet natured little thing and she seems happy in the life she knows. Sure I would love to show her a 'better' life. but I think the move would upset her unnecesarily. More progress is made being friendly and nice and giving the information and support. Hopefully this is a lesson learnt and they will think differently in the future. Think positive :wink:

Thank you all for jumping to my aid again. I love the Refuge :speak_cool: