UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Computer Clever Clogs Need Some Answers Please.

Kathyw

Suppose someone was sued for slander and the person needed to prove what they said was the truth but the truth was on a forum.

The forum quickly deletes all relevent posts. Could an expert find all the deleted stuff?

Thank you.

oops realised afterwards that tis libel when written/typed.

I know it can be done on individual computors, (I watch Forensic Detectives) what I meant was would it be possible for a forum owner to totally get rid of stuff?

ie closing down the site. If the site went, would all the info on said site vanish forever too?

Edited by Kathyw

oops realised afterwards that tis libel when written/typed.

I know it can be done on individual computors, (I watch Forensic Detectives) what I meant was would it be possible for a forum owner to totally get rid of stuff?

ie closing down the site. If the site went, would all the info on said site vanish forever too?

If the site were shut down, and more importantly the databases removed, then yes - all the content is gone.

Gone forever? Well forever is subjective to how much money you have and how much pressure you can put on the hosting company. Chances are they will have backups but you are pretty unlikely to get your hands on it for libel.