UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Unusual Foods Your Dogs Like

elricc

Ella loves red pepper, that's her favourite. She'll eat other coloured peppers but red is her favourite, probably because they're sweeter.

Laura try making your own pesto, tis dead easy. Olive oil, pine nuts, garlic, parmesan and basil. Whizz it all up with a blender and it'll keep in a jar in the fridge for a while.

I grow lots of basil but don't think I've ever made pesto, I will make some and let you know if they approve lol

It was weird the way they all liked it.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mum and Dad's Beagles - pears (semi-ripe Conference are their preferred choice)

My Rainbow boy Melvin - fruit of every kind (apart from grapes of course which I would never even let him taste). De-stoned cherries and apricots were his favourites. And bath soap - Wright's Coal Tar favourite, Pears clear glycerine least favourite. I hasten to add that I'm talking about soap lick rather than soap eat.

Sol - horse poo but only that of stable kept equines fed on non heating mix. He's actually so disgusted by any other kind of horse manure than that of the foregoing type that he crosses the road to avoid having to even look at it :wacko:

Jody, one of my childhood dogs loved oranges and would watch you eating one, drooling uncontrollably until you gave her a piece :laugh: :wub:

Harry and Lucas eat anything and Islay is the opposite and her preferences change daily :rolleyes:

My red setter drools at the sight of an orange and Ben GSD loves them too.

All my lot eat all fruit and veg, very handy for leftovers lolol

Sean wolfhound loves chicken tikka :)

My lot have a "sleepy night night" treaty every night which is a banana each.

My Rainbow boy Melvin - fruit of every kind (apart from grapes of course which I would never even let him taste). De-stoned cherries and apricots were his favourites. And bath soap - Wright's Coal Tar favourite, Pears clear glycerine least favourite. I hasten to add that I'm talking about soap lick rather than soap eat.

All my dogs have tried to get hold of my bath soap at one point or another! Mostly just to lick it but Koda ate most of a bar :wacko:

Amber used to love bamboo shoots and water chestnuts :wub: I used to love hearing her crunch them! I'm afraid I didn't know about grapes being bad for dogs a few years ago and my Billy used to sit with a bunch and pick them off one by one, never seemed to affect him badly luckily! Sometimes he'd dance around a grape and bat it with his paws, cat style (he was a rottie :laugh: ).

Koda steals potatoes at every given opportunity but they are taken away as I'm pretty sure that raw potato is not going to be good for him! Both he and Rudi eat bird food they find on the ground, which, as I've said to them many times, is just not fair to the birds :angry:

Cherry loves carrots, and will sit patiently until she'e given one. She lso like picking her own tomatoes straight from the plant! (can't grow any more now :rolleyes: ) She too has been known to eat a raw potato :huh:

Spike's not so adventerous, but he will eat cookes veg if they're mixed in with his dinner.

Elricc - my two scoff anything with pesto in it! :) I buy basil when it's on offer and make my own, is really easy.

Kiera absolutely loves broccoli - there was a load on sale a few days ago, so bought a lot and blanched it and kept it in the fridge. She's now had broccoli in her dinner for a few days now and it's the first thing that she picks out. Mal on the other hand doesn't care much for broccoli but likes cauliflower instead. They both love tomatoes, especially fried :D

Kiera used to be a real fruit/veg monster (she's gone off it a bit lately, which is a shame). A couple of years ago a friend of mine was walking her in the nature reserve, together with her own dogs, when Kiera disappeared from view. She found her back in the middle of a picnic! Apparently it was a rather large spread, with meat and fish and everything, but what did madam go for? Melon and bread rolls! :laugh: :laugh: So glad I wasn't the one to have to retrieve her though! :blush: :blush:

pumpkin - chip or frying pan fat :unsure: stolen not given doesnt even have to be used fresh will do :rolleyes:

plug my bridge dog used to steal grapefruit eww hed hold it in his mouth and squeeze then when the juice came out he used to shake it violently as if to punish it for being sour eventually hed lie down with it between his paws and disembowel it :laugh:

freddy tinker eats used tea bags again stolen (do you see a lurcher thief pattern here :rolleyes: )

Jody, one of my childhood dogs loved oranges and would watch you eating one, drooling uncontrollably until you gave her a piece :laugh: :wub:

Harry and Lucas eat anything and Islay is the opposite and her preferences change daily :rolleyes:

Indy likes oranges.

Actually I've not really found anything Indy DOESN'T like. And Monty appears to be pretty much the same. I'm doomed :mecry: :laugh:

My two love raw fruit & veg, they always have to have carrot tops & bottoms when I'm preparing them for a salad. They also have raw courgette when I'm doing a stir-fry. Nelly particularly likes clementines, in the winter months when I eat clementines most nights, I have to peel an extra one for her, she sits & drools whilst waiting for it. Dillon isn't keen on them. They both like melon & pineapple, but pineapple makes Dillon sick. They're not actually very keen on potatoes but will eat them if there's nothing else in my leftovers.