UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Self Tanning Stuff

Wendbert

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've road tested everything from Lancaster to La Prairie. They all smell bad but of the bunch, I'd say that on balance Boot's No.7 (wear off formula and inexpensive) is about the least offensive in terms of whiff.
Why does this stuff have to stink so bad? :unsure:

See my quote Claz - Boots No.7 is the least stinky and I really have road tested about every one on the market.

St Tropez least orange in my experience but it does have metallic smell.

s*** sorry I didn;t mean it like that :flowers: I meant that you are lovely and slender, and that I'm jealous for being flubberdee.

Sorry, really didn't mean to cause offence :(

None taken and please don't give it a second thought Melp, particulary in light of the fact that you could be my body double :laugh: Flubberdee my (our) skinny ass(es) :flowers:

Are you using the Dove one? I thought it smells quite nice :wacko:

Yep. It goes on nice but all of them share the same active ingredient (I meant to ask the Industrial Chemist what that bit was called :rolleyes: ) which is the stinky bit. It reeks after about 3 or 4 hours.

Yep. It goes on nice but all of them share the same active ingredient (I meant to ask the Industrial Chemist what that bit was called :rolleyes: ) which is the stinky bit. It reeks after about 3 or 4 hours.

The boots stuff I used doesn't reek, it must be the same stuff as Alison uses?

The boots stuff I used doesn't reek, it must be the same stuff as Alison uses?

It'll smell - although I do have a fairly sensitive snozz to such thinfs - Boots possibly use better masking perfumes.

It's the dihydroxyacetone wot is stinky and AFAIK they all contain it.

http://beauty.about.com/od/bodybeautiful/f/selftanners.htm

http://ph.answers.yahoo.com/question/index...20170721AAPeK8G

Brought the Johnson's one last week and did as follows. 1) had a nice hot bath so that my pores would be nice and open and receptive to the tanning cream. 2) Shaved my legs thus allowing a silky smooth path. 3) scrubbed legs hard with the flannel thus removing any remaining lumps and bumps. 4) Got out of the bath and toweled my self well then proceeded to rub in the cream. 5) once done stood there with legs akimbo for 5 minutes allowing legs to dry and give fanny a wee airing at the same time :biggrin: 6) carried on with my life as normal looking forward to the next few days when the 'holiday glow' would gradually appear.

Next day went it the bathroom and was about to step in the shower when I caught sight of myself in the mirror :ohmy: The legs have tanned not too bad but the heels and knees are rust colour and then where I finished off creaming I wiped what was still on my hands over my bum, the left hand must have had more cream on it than the right as the left cheek was dark brown and the right one was still white. Then where I thought I had let it dry in enough, I cocked each leg up on the side of the bath in turn so I could paint my toe nails and had a wide band of tan either side across my belly where the cream had transferred itself from my thighs :wacko:

Needless to say I am now wearing trousers and hubby now has a frigid wife until it's gone......never to be done again :biggrin:.......until the next time