UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Resizing Pictures

ailsas mum

I need to print some pictures that are on the computer, I'm putting them on my camera's memory stick, I then want to print them using my photosmart thing but they are to big and bits are getting chopped of, how do I change the size. Please keep it very very simple cause I am thick when it comes to doing stuff like this.

Terri

I don't think that software is the answer in this case - that program is for making the file size smaller through compression, so that the photo can easily be emailled, whereas I think what Ailsa's Mum wants to do is print out a photo at full quality, but the problem is that the edges are getting chopped off.

I think that this problem is probably specific to the thing you are printing with, but I don't know anything about photosmarts. There should be an option somewhere to 'fit photo to page' or possibly change the paper size and margins so the whole thing fits into the paper you are printing onto. If there is a print preview mode, then you should be able to see what it will print out without actually using up paper or ink.