UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Hello

Welcome Siobhan :flowers:

Did you know that you need to apply for rescue status before you can post dogs needing homes :unsure: If not, it's an easy process - just click on the APPLICATIONS button at the top, fill in and submit and someone wot knows wot they are doing will sort it for you :biggrin:

Marion

Hi

After speaking to Helen who runs DAWGS im aware the sign you and others carry as a signature, is not the offical one for the rescue so it may be preferable you contact Helen before using it as a banner for DAWGS.

As Marion mentions, you, or anyone else must frst apply to admin here to become a rescue member and posts dogs/other animals details for rehoming and this must then be clarified with admin/hosts here, perhaps you could ask Helen to contact one of us to confirm her wishes with regards to this matter please :)

Hello Siobhan

We had been informed by the owner of the rescue that she herself is the only person who will be representing DAWG here on the forum and that the signature you are using has not been authorised for use by DAWG. Unless I am told otherwise by Helen then I cannot authorise you to post dogs for them nor can I allow you to use that signature.

I'm also a little confused over the IP address you are using to access the forum, it isn't the one you registered with and doesn't appear to be valid.

My IP address at home, is a bt internet one. I occasionally log in from work, this would explain the different IP address. Have just spoken to Helen and she said my signature is fine - maybe you would like to double check with her. Is there a problem?

Siobhan

Thanks for the welcome messages, by the way!! x

The IP address concerned originates in New York and is masking your ISP which is not allowed on this forum so it has been banned, unfortunately if your employer is using this IP for some reason then you will no longer be able to login to Refuge from work.

We have been in contact with Helen and once we have confirmation about signatures etc we'll let you know. :flowers:

I'm sorry but i have never used an Irish website (i've never held a membership of a website in Eire)! I was asked to do this but now i'm having second thoughts. I thought i was doing a good turn and didn't expect these accusations! I'm genuinly quite upset and confused by this response... :angry:

Siobhan

Edited by Bubbles the chimp

Siobhan

As we have explained, we have indeed been in direct contact with Helen and as she is the owner of the rescue concerned we must quite naturally defer to her instructions, which were that she herself will represent DAWGS here and that the signature banner is neither authorised or approved by her.

Again as I have explained the IP attached to several of your posts is not the one you posted under when joining us nor indeed the same as this mornings post, it is in fact originating in the USA and attached to a domain which doesn't appear to exist. I've run several checks on the IP and all return results showing it as an American server.

I'm sorry if you find this upsetting, but you must surely understand that when we have been told expressly that the banner isn't to be used, that no one but Helen will be listing dogs and that the IP is not a valid one that we have to try and establish what is going on.

snow

As an explanation to Refuge members - the "real" Siobhan had no idea about these postings being made from her account and is quite upset and confused, naturally so. We do have a pretty good idea who was misusing this account and advise anyone who has received a pm from Bubbles The Chimp in the past few days to double check with Siobhan as to whether it is genuinely from her or not.

Helen from DAWGS has joined Refuge will be representing herself on the forum, and we are very glad to have her here.

I shall close this thread now to allow the real Siobhan to start her own thread to say hello.