UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

My Little Stray

barb

:flowers: No you didn't... .the DW could sign papers allowing you to have her at home for 28 days. She didn't legally have to go to the pound but doing it that way means she'll only do 7 days and if she's reclaimed the council get a fee.... not saying that the council would deliberately want to gain money from dogs... but i wouldn't put it past them... It isn't illegal to take a dog in and the law change after 5th April (not 1st) hasn't changed in that respect - the only change is that the police don't have responsibility and you don't have to report a dog found to them as they used to. Your DW is talking shite... :rolleyes:

Do all areas in England have to follow the same rules?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for that. I sit on our local animal welfare forum with my cat rescue hat on usually. So we get to meet some of the wardens there, but our area is hard pressed at the moment, I know of one on maternity leave, and am not sure if they have replaced one that has moved on. I know they come under environmental health, but didn't know if anything else had changed since April 1st.

I have labouriosly trailed through the dog lost list (as has Chasta, she tells me) and there is no dog like little Lucy on it, so still keeping fingers crossed she will come home.

Thanks everyone for your advice and support, it is greatly appreciated

Barbara

aaww how lovely, they dont deserve to have her if they havent claimed her by now,poor little love. Fingers crossed that she can be yours asap. x :flowers:

Poor little mite hope it turns out ok keep us updated please

just a thought, her owners haven't moved from one end of the country to the other, and she is trying

to get back to her old home is she, hence her dirty smelly state

new here :rolleyes: only just started reading stories but this one took my interest. It seems you have tried with posters to find the owners but as others have stated the condition could be due to being stolen and dumped or lost from a distance- and therfore been on the streets for a while.

Why not give out a full description such as colour ,approx age, breed if you think you know,smooth coated or rough ,long tail or docked etc then these details could go onto the found section ( at doglost) and who knows someone could be searching for their much loved pet and spot this.

there is not much time left as the 7 days will be up if taken to kennels but at least it would be said that you tried as best as you could.

We have searched every lost dog list we can find, told the RSPCA, the vet and the local dog warden as well as putting notices up.

I don't think there is much else we can do. We have tried to find an owner but I din't think the owner wants to be found.

Barbara

new here :rolleyes: only just started reading stories but this one took my interest. It seems you have tried with posters to find the owners but as others have stated the condition could be due to being stolen and dumped or lost from a distance- and therfore been on the streets for a while.

Why not give out a full description such as colour ,approx age, breed if you think you know,smooth coated or rough ,long tail or docked etc then these details could go onto the found section ( at doglost) and who knows someone could be searching for their much loved pet and spot this.

there is not much time left as the 7 days will be up if taken to kennels but at least it would be said that you tried as best as you could.

Very good advice. Barb, as you said, to start with you didn't think of Doglost, so it could be that the owner hasn't thought of looking there.

What if there is an owner somewhere who is missing her?