UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Kirkland Dog Food

krusewalker

We tried our two on it year before last after we decided to take them off Autarky as it was making them fat, we never even finished the first sack :rolleyes: it turned their poo green and the volume of poo was out of this world :huh: 3 plus poo's a day each which had a perculiar smell and it gave them rancid flatulence :huh: I definately wouldn't recommend and there are other foods on the market which are far better for around the same money :flowers:

I feed all three of mine the Lamb and Rice (Bonnie sprollie aged 15 1/2, Missy Springer aged 7 and Barney Lab x aged 18 months) and they all do very well on it - Bonnie has a very good thick glossy coat which belies her age, and all three have 'waistlines', energy and good firm poos.....

However, a friend of mine switched her's from Royal Canin to Costco chicken (blue packet) and had very upset tummies - she offered me the remains of the pack, but we decided not to risk it, just incase it had the same effect on my three......

Paul came home with some of this about 2 months ago when he went to buy Autarkey and found they no longer sold it.

They have been fine on it so far. To be honest the decision was made for me and so I don't know enough about it. In fact you have reminded me that I need to check it out - thanks :flowers:

I remember at the time I did suggest we should just ditch costco altogether and get Autarkey from somewhere else. Dog food is the only thing we go there for now and it seems a waste of petrol and membership money to be honest. We could probably buy Autarkey for a higher price elsewhere and be better off money wise.

Paul came home with some of this about 2 months ago when he went to buy Autarkey and found they no longer sold it.

They have been fine on it so far. To be honest the decision was made for me and so I don't know enough about it. In fact you have reminded me that I need to check it out - thanks :flowers:

I remember at the time I did suggest we should just ditch costco altogether and get Autarkey from somewhere else. Dog food is the only thing we go there for now and it seems a waste of petrol and membership money to be honest. We could probably buy Autarkey for a higher price elsewhere and be better off money wise.

Abigail which costco do you go to? If Brum. is Earslwood lakes nearer to you? The Hungry Horse at Earlswood sell Autarkey. :flowers:

Hungry Horse

• 2 months later...
Abigail which costco do you go to? If Brum. is Earslwood lakes nearer to you? The Hungry Horse at Earlswood sell Autarkey. :flowers:

Hungry Horse

Ooh I didn't see this reply at the time - sorry. Thanks.

I'm on this thread cos our dogs no longer seem to want to eat Autarkey, so Paul has asked me to find out which kirkland one agrees with greyhounds and which gives them bad tums. It seems we need Lamb and Rice. (I don't want to go to Costco anymore but he insists - probably so he can browse the gadgets and buy some 'cheap' stuff that he doesn't really need)

Kai Lost a lot of weight on kirkland food, changed them to it as they stopped eating Autarky too :unsure: but they have since started eating it again and I must say they all look in much better condition, now they are know longer on Kirlands food.

Edited by Amie

So had Milton Keynes last time I was there - they also had a Kirkland Snr food too, but mine are still doing well on the lamb one (although I did buy a really really cheapo beef one from Jolleys the other day, things were that tough, and they seem to be doing OK on that too.........)