UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

I've Got A Chicken!

Pendlewitch

YO Sam got two POL chickens originally to keep Paxo the cockerel company, he was a stray who walked into the yard one day and stayed! Clementina chicken has never been right, she walks funny, sort of goose steps and has to figure out her route before she sets off, she doesn't get up in the morning without being brought out and will sit in the daftest places, totally unaware of any danger. All the chickens go in with the horses but can leg it like road runners at any sign of hassle, poor Clem just stares around vacantly. Also Paxo takes unfare advantage of her lack of mobility and jumps on her constantly, she's a batttered chicken! We have our chicken house all ready and are getting our chickens this weekend so Sam has asked me to take Clem as she is really concerned that Clem will get hurt or worse so she is installed in our hut, now renamed Clem's Cottage, is totally happy and stuffing her face. We won't have a cockerel so she'll be relieved on that score. :)

I don't think she has the least idea that she is on her own, she's in a dream world. She's obviously brain damaged but she's lovely, pics to follow!

:wub: Bless her heart, just a word of warning though do be careful when introducing the new chickens cos they too could pick on her. My parents just had 6 new black rocks and they nearly killed the 1 remaining old girl (Gingerboots) so she's now has to go in a house on her own at night. :mecry: They leave her alone in the day but it was when shut in they'd attack her. Chickens are very nasty things when they want to be. :(

Here's Clem! As she will be a lot older than the new chooks we are hoping that they will leave her alone. The chickens at the livery yard didn't pick on her at all, it was just that she would sit under the horse's feet and had no idea how to get out of the way. We felt she was her own worst enemy up there, she's now got our whole little pony paddock to share with the new ones so I'm hoping she'll be happy.

Clem's lost her head!

Clem1.jpg

Ooo, there it is.

Clem2.jpg