UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Allergies?

Over the years i have gradually become allergic to more and more animals. I thought I had been suffering from a nasty cold for the last couple of weeks but when ever I am away from my rats the wheezing, sninus pain, blocked nose, sneezing all goes away. Im also worried it might be the dogs im gradually becoming allergic too as well. Thankfully ive moved away but i would consider my mothers house as my family home, some of you are aware that there are 4 permanent dogs (well 3 and the unrehomeable lurcher) and then a temp foster, as well as a long term gsd foster in the upstairs annexe. As well as that there are cats (im very allergic too and avoid the cattery) and a boarding kennels.

Does anyone know why suddenly ive become allergic to all my animals or how i can manage it. I take anti histamines but they really dont do anything.

Does anyone else suffer with allergies? or have any fantastic remedies to help manage?

Thank you

Allergies - I SO understand how it feels.

I to seem to have become allergic to animals. Ive always had a bad chest and suffered a fair bit with asmtha but it was never animal realated or atleast It never seemed to be, since having a third dog last year, I developed a slight allergy then I build immunity. Now I have been suffering really badly these last few months, I developed hayfever 2 yrs ago and my allergies have gogt worse and worse since then, since the begining of this year I have been on steirods for my chest on and off, they now think I have allergy asmtha, caused by an allergy in the house,I have dogs cats and birds so take your pic, could be any of them, I also have hives and ive had that about a month now,I am just weaning myself off the steirods but the hives are still there, taking antihistimes with little effect.

I am about to try Homeopathy,

I was Talking to Dave (yeah the one above lol) last night about his allergies, I agree to have a look down the homeopathic road,and do some Googeling, I came across this very interesting site last night,don't be put off by the fact it starts off with it being about teens,they have only used teens to 'test' with as at this age your lungs are at their highest peak of their capacity

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/...70709171707.htm

I would also like to ask you to have a look at your washingpowder/liquid ,softner,shower/bathgel,shampoos you know the usual stuff we all come into contact daily,there are a lots of chemicals in these daily products that in the long term can give you things like allergies .I've started to use products based on natural ingredients ,and especially with my laundry Ive noticed a big change in both my itchy skin (altho I didnt have a rash) and my breathing,I used t be on 2 inhalers daily,now Im on only one occasionally. Its ofcourse not just that, its a combination of all things, food is also one to look at, the intake of all those E-numbers and sugar-replacements and so on also have a big impact on our bodies

I'd do some research on this aswell hun,it can make a big change :)

sorry I made this one a bit longer ,seem to be going on and on :rolleyes: ,good luck :)

Homeopathy is a very good route to take when dealing with allergies.

Also another thing to think about is although you may have been using a soap/soap powder/polish/whatever even foodstuffs for years without any effects, the manuafturers constantly change or add ingredients and it may be those that you are reacting too.

Hope you get this sorted soon and feel better.

An air purifyer might help too.

Edited by Kathyw