UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Advice On London

meandmy4?

I am taking my kids to The Natural History Museum and I am in Bmth and looked at train prices and its £378 on the train return :mecry:

So we are driving but anyone know whats its going to cost to park as "pup" is scaring me at the cost of parking and congestion charges?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How old are your kids? Two kids under 5 can travel free with an adult. A family railcard can give big discounts.

If you don't take into account the above info the price for 1 adult and 3 kids return is £109.50 (you haven't said when you were travelling but I assumed Easter Hols and tried next Weds 26th March.

If you buy a railcard for £24 the price comes down to £53.95 (+ £24 = £77.95)

http://nationalrail.co.uk/index.html

Terri (travel agent wannabe :rolleyes: )

Edited by incapuppy

Would be easier to drive to one of the outer underground stations, and just catch a tube up to South Kensington. I would suggest Kew gardens as it's on the district line and you can park on the streets around there outside the commuter parking times (after 9.30am I think of the top of my head) for free

See below for small map of kew gardens.

kewgardens.jpg

If you don't fancy that there is Richmond station (also on district line one stop back from Kew)

Here there is a big car park opposite Old Deer Park, is less than a 5min walk to the station from here.

richmond.jpg

You could head for Earlsfield or Wimbledon and park without any problem. Train from Earsfield goes to Vauxhall (about 5 mins) and then onto the Victoria line at Vauxhall, you can buy a travelcard from Earlsfield station which you can use all day on the tube, buses and the train from Earlsfield.

Coming from Bournemouth I am trying to persuade Mum to ask her boss if I can use his car park in London, can only hope. The company flat is 10 minutes walk from Natural History Museum would be fantastic if Mum can do it. Must say am shocked at the price of trains no wonder people whinge.

Thanks so much Fugees knew you would help keep them coming just in case cant get space.