UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Unusually Quiet Phoenix......

phoenix21

Phoenix was poorly last weekend and until about weds with bad diahorrea (sp). The vets said a bug was going round and gave her an antibiotic injection, some doggy yakult stuff in tablet form ;-) and antibiotic tablets to take. Since the vets on the monday i gave her little meals of mashed potato and chicken with tablets which she ate well.

She was been fine since tues diahorrea wise and has in the last few days been her normal self. When i came home from work today she had raided the bin (not much in it) since lunch. - she hasnt done this since she was a puppy!!!! She had pulled out package of empty dog food packet (think had a little bit left in) and empty ham packet and licked clean. Tonight she has eaten her tea, done normal toilet but she is EXTREMELY quiet and has taken herself off to bed without a walk which is really not like her....

I gave her her tea anyway as normal with antibiotic tablet as she hasnt finished them yet and she ate that fine.....do you think she maybe just has a bit of belly ache from bin raid?

Today is also the first day i have given her totally her normal food (have been gradually changing it back to normal)....there is nothing wrong with her as such just really really quiet.....

advice? thank you!!!

Hmmm, how is she this morning?

I'd say that Phoenix eating her tea was a good sign. I usually judge my 2 by 2 things: whether they eat their tea and want to go for 'walkies'. Mal sometimes leaves some of his tea but usually will be happy to finish it before/after his last walk of the day. He's had days when I really though that he wasn't well, but he'd happily present himself for walkies with a waggy tail :unsure: :)

I'd say see how she is today, and if she still seems off colour call the vet :flowers:

(I should add that Mal has had a tendency to "be ill" again when he went from 'sick dog food' back to 'healthy dog food'. Kiera doesn't have that "problem", she'll eat anything! :rolleyes: )