UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Crufts

one.eyed.dog

sorry to be really dim but why would the KC need to know if a bitch was spayed ?

All dogs entered to show at Crufts must be entire (stupid if you ask me). A castrated male can only enter if you have word from the vet that the dog needed them removed because it was absolutely necessary, and then you have to get a certificate from the KC.

Not too sure that they would know if a bitch was spayed if you didn't tell them :devil:

Like it or not the aim of Crufts (supposedly) is to show the best of breed standards. If you have that then the next step is to breed from the best therefore having winners who are not entire would not help with maintaining the breed standard. :unsure: You can show dogs who are not entire but there does have to be a medical reason for it as far as I know.

As far as I know we won a3rd at a qualifier last year but, it was open gundog. Would I have to win in GWP only classes?

I am thinking of doing it just to see if she can qualify. I would not actually take her to Crufts if she qualified. A/ because she would hate it and B/ she is spayed so they would not let her enter.

Yes she would have to qualify through breed classes.

If you compete at any show held under KC rules with a neutered dog you have to gain permission to show from the KC prior to showing. Though how they can tell with a bitch I don't know!