UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Omg!

Diesel

I've gotten a reply :biggrin: and yes they are aware and are doing their best to see him brought to justice, unfortunatly the SSPCA aren.t interested :angry: I can feel a rant coming on, wondering if PETA would be interested if there is real concern he is skinning these dogs

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the SSPCA not interested?

now why does that not surprise me,they weren't interested in the Stirling puppy farmer either :(

whilst I find the stories in the NOW rather incredulous to say the least surely they couldn't print this article without leaving themselves open to libel?

I've just e - mailed GSD Rescue which are based in Scotland, who else can we get in contact with ?

I've also been in touch with Jayne (GSR) today, though she will no doubt respond to you directly with her comments. The article is now on the GSR website and contrary to a suggestion above my understanding is that this is still happening and his dealings with the law aren't all 10 years old, eg from a quick google in 2005

http://www.accessmylibrary.com/coms2/summa...86-11643752_ITM

I got a reply from Animal concern who are aware of this man and they are going to get in touch with the s.s.p.c.a. to see what they say. I have also just e-mailed a Scottish mep who fought to get the fur trade banned and also an msp who is on the Scottish animal welfare committee.

Terri

I've also been in touch with Jayne (GSR) today, though she will no doubt respond to you directly with her comments. The article is now on the GSR website and contrary to a suggestion above my understanding is that this is still happening and his dealings with the law aren't all 10 years old, eg from a quick google in 2005

http://www.accessmylibrary.com/coms2/summa...86-11643752_ITM

Hm, thats odd, I looked up the court records twice now for Debidin in Inverness Sherriff courts and it came up a blank :unsure:

Contacted the SSPCA but Aisla's Mum could you post the name / address of the MSP / SMP so that others who live in Scotland cando like wise?

Story has also been cross posted to Greyhound Gap & It's A Spring Thing. Will do other GSd boards shortly but if you know of an animal loving board it's not on why not post it?

Correct News of The World link is http://notw.typepad.com/newsoftheworld_sco...at-scots-f.html

The two I got in touch with are Struan Stevenson who is the mep and who had something to do with the banning of the importing of Dog and Cat fur from Asia. The other one is Robin Harper who is an msp and was or is on the committee for the animal welfare bill, he is also always on the telly when Animal welfare stuff comes on. I thought I would wait to see if I get anything back from them before I start to contact some of the others.

Terri

Edited by ailsas mum

I've just mailed the SSPCA, I can't remember it all but it did mention, when precisely would the SSPCA act ? when a television crew arrive perhaps ? or the national papers ? and also laughed at the blurb at the top of their mail box about getting in touch with them if an animal was in distress or under threat as they only seem to do as little as possible to fulfill the Charities Commission rules, or something like that.