UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Could Do With Good Thoughts Please

BillyMalc

I'm so sorry that the news wasn't better. :( I wont tell you not to worry, cos that's what we do when our fur-family are poorly. But Mal doesn't realise that he is ill and he is still enjoying life. (Apart from you mucking out his lip!! :rolleyes: ) So do all the things that you enjoy doing together for as long as you possibly can. (I hope that it is for a long time to come. :flowers: )

Thinking of you. :GroupHug: :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone for your continued support - although I might start to sound like a broken record, I really do appreciate having so many online friends who understand what I'm on about. Makes me less desperate of the outside world who would think of Mal as "just a dog" :rolleyes:

Houndwoman - I have been eyeing up the Manuka honey; Malcolm goes above and beyond any of my beliefs :rolleyes: What makes me really hesitate though is that I've been told by a nutritional therapist - who has been battling her own cancer for 20 years now (!!) - that sugar encourages cancer. Mal's not having any sweet kinds of veg or dog treats with glucose in it as it is. Any advice you could share on this one? Thank you! :flowers:

Despite the miserable weather forecast it's been dry here so we've just enjoyed a long-ish walk at the Carrs, running into one.eyed.dog, Lottie and Scooby unexpectedly. Mal and Kiera both very much enjoyed it and they're now knackered and asleep on the sofa, bless 'em.

Fiona - thanks for all your well wishes, please tell Robert that Kiera has had a cuddle as well and I told her that it was from him :)

Billy I'm so sorry to hear your news, do try and enjoy

the time you have with Mal.

Ref. the manuka, see this link, it's got some information.

Also my dad has cancer and to help him in his recovery he was advised to take manuka.

Thanks for that nouggatti! :)

I'm very tempted to try it, as I'm sure applying honey to his lip will go down a treat with Mal :D (here's hoping that it will work even if the vast majority of it is licked off within seconds :rolleyes:). I'll do some more research on it, because I understand that it has different strengths as well? :unsure:

Thanks everyone for your continued support - although I might start to sound like a broken record, I really do appreciate having so many online friends who understand what I'm on about. Makes me less desperate of the outside world who would think of Mal as "just a dog" :rolleyes:

Houndwoman - I have been eyeing up the Manuka honey; Malcolm goes above and beyond any of my beliefs :rolleyes: What makes me really hesitate though is that I've been told by a nutritional therapist - who has been battling her own cancer for 20 years now (!!) - that sugar encourages cancer. Mal's not having any sweet kinds of veg or dog treats with glucose in it as it is. Any advice you could share on this one? Thank you! :flowers:

Despite the miserable weather forecast it's been dry here so we've just enjoyed a long-ish walk at the Carrs, running into one.eyed.dog, Lottie and Scooby unexpectedly. Mal and Kiera both very much enjoyed it and they're now knackered and asleep on the sofa, bless 'em.

Fiona - thanks for all your well wishes, please tell Robert that Kiera has had a cuddle as well and I told her that it was from him :)

The only advice I can give on that Billy is that it is not sugar as such as it has been predigested by the bees which apparently alters it's composition.

It certainly hasn't caused any adverse effects on Bosun's haemangiosarcoma which obviously is a form of cancer. It is the only thing that he has had that could have changed things for the better for him. I don't think it is pure coincidence with him has he had the foot infection for 2 years and the haemangiosarcoma about the same amount of time, maybe a bit longer but it was growing and getting more unpleasant as time went on.

We have always use the UMF10 one. But don't worry if it doesn't stay on his lip for long as it will work from the inside out. I think one of the ways it works is to strengthen the immune system, therefore fighting disease etc.

When we first used it on Bosun we tried applying it as a dressing to his feet but whatever we tried to keep the dressings on didn't work as he was so determined to get to devour it :D We gave up with the dressings and just gave him a good spoonful by mouth each evening for his supper. If he hadn't had his 'fix' by 11pm he would soon let us know! :laugh:

Edited by Houndwoman

The only advice I can give on that Billy is that it is not sugar as such as it has been predigested by the bees which apparently alters it's composition.

It certainly hasn't caused any adverse effects on Bosun's haemangiosarcoma which obviously is a form of cancer. It is the only thing that he has had that could have changed things for the better for him. I don't think it is pure coincidence with him has he had the foot infection for 2 years and the haemangiosarcoma about the same amount of time, maybe a bit longer but it was growing and getting more unpleasant as time went on.

We have always use the UMF10 one. But don't worry if it doesn't stay on his lip for long as it will work from the inside out. I think one of the ways it works is to strengthen the immune system, therefore fighting disease etc.

When we first used it on Bosun we tried applying it as a dressing to his feet but whatever we tried to keep the dressings on didn't work as he was so determined to get to devour it :D We gave up with the dressings and just gave him a good spoonful by mouth each evening for his supper. If he hadn't had his 'fix' by 11pm he would soon let us know! :laugh:

Hmmmm, I might just nip to Holland and Barrett tomorrow, as I happened to see today that they have it. Would you know if the one that they stock has got the 'UMF' factor?

Thanks for replying to all my questions houndwoman, much appreciated! :)

Really sorry that the news wasn't better Billy :(

:GroupHug: for you

As others have said, Mal is not aware that he is poorly, so take this opportunity to spend time with him, doing all the things you both love, and ensuring that he is as happy as he has always been with you - he is very gorjuss chap and very lucky to have you taking such good care of him :wub:

Hope that the time you have left is longer that you may think.

Nice one, thanks for that murtle! :flowers:

Of course I will make the most of the time we have together, I think it's the fact that I've been given a time limit - which I know I should ignre! - and a visible mass in his mouth that shows time is passing by, that is making me so upset. Mal's upsets have mainly to do with his mouth being cleaned (although that may now change drastically with application of Manuka honey :rolleyes: ) and being watched even more closely when we're out on walks, to prevent him 'hoovering up' whatever he deems edible :wacko:

It is the Holland and Barrett one that we use Billy :)

It is a made by Medibee and costs just under £16 :ohmy:

I know it seems expensive but it has been worth it for us and probably saved us many hundreds in vet bills!

That's the one that I got this afternoon! :) Wouldn't life be much easier if I had a dog with a sweet tooth though; I was all excited with the idea of being able to treat Mal with something he'd actually asked for more of, but no, he sniffed it and then gave me the most pathetic of looks - and he didn't like it :rolleyes: Tough, we'll make our way through this jar at least!

Keeping being you Mal. and giving life all the welly it can take :wub:

For you Billy :GroupHug: and thinking of you on the 'hoover watch walks' :GroupHug:

I don't have anything useful to add, but I just wanted you to know I am thinking about you all. :flowers:

Thanks guys, it really means a lot to know that there are people out there thinking about my boy. :flowers: :flowers:

Today we were out for 2 1/2 hours with one.eyed.dog and potty Lottie. Mal spent most of the time pottering and attempting to hoover - (un)fortunately he didn't find anything! - but he did break into a trot frequesntly to catch up, and he even made it up and down some steep banks. They're both tired now, but I know that Mal really had a good time and it wasn''t too much for him at all. And of course seeing Mal all happy and content makes me go all -> :biggrin: :biggrin: